Orvis T3 Refurbished

csoult

csoult

I bought an Orvis T3 refurbished rod a few years back. First of all I love the rod and have no complaints but...... Does anyone know what the warranty is with these rods? I am worried that if I break it I wont be able to get it fixed without paying an arm and a leg.

Does it have an "R" stamped on the handle? I have a TLS with that on the the handle and I was told it is a referb and there is no warranty with the rod.
Contact Orvis at orvis.com and ask them what there policy is for referb rods.

Yes it does have an "R" stamped on it, was just wondering if they would still fix it if I break it even if I have to pay for it.

I had a similar "R" Orvis rod. It broke and I was told it wouldnt be fixed or replaced. They were good enough to give me a discount on another rod.

There is no warranty on it but i don't know about paying to have it fixed.

Go to Orvis site and do te live chat. That are always very helpful and honest.

csoult wrote:
Yes it does have an "R" stamped on it, was just wondering if they would still fix it if I break it even if I have to pay for it.

I can't imagine they would refuse to fix it for profit.

Where did you have the opportunity to be a recon rod?

jdaddy wrote:
csoult wrote:

Dear jdaddy,

As to your first question one answer that comes immediately to mind is that the rod is no longer a current production rod and repair parts are no longer available.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

TimMurphy wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
csoult wrote:

Dear jdaddy,

As to your first question one answer that comes immediately to mind is that the rod is no longer a current production rod and repair parts are no longer available.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

That's a good point. I know that they usually replace a damaged rod they can't repair with a current model. Likely SOL in a situation like this.

jdaddy wrote:

I picked one up a few years at an Orvis warehouse sale they held at the valley forge convention center. They had all kinds of refurbished rods.

JasonS wrote:
jdaddy wrote:

I picked one up a few years at an Orvis warehouse sale they held at the valley forge convention center. They had all kinds of refurbished rods.

That's cool and quite starry. I will have to check that out next time they run a sale there. I went to the Orvis "outlet" in Lahaska one day and they had practically zero feeshing crap.

jdaddy,
Bought it on ebay. I love the rod and if it does break I would want to fix it. it casts like a dream.

Back