Orvis Sonic Seam Waders

1wt

New technology waders should arrive in PA fly shops for sale in a couple weeks. I've been waiting for these waders.

Notice the carp on a fly at the end of the video? ...... and this is Orvis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxY0NtWNFpA

1wt... swing on down to Downingtown. We have a full size run for you to try on.

Sonic Seam? Seriously. You've got to love the names. What's next... Laser-Sealed Kevlar Waders?

We actually use a patented sonic welding process to build the waders and when the seam is constructed it is waterproof without the need for any seam tape or glue. US Patent # 7,770,235

The seams are inherently waterproof because there are no holes from stitching and the seams are also much smoother making there a smaller chance of abrasion of the seam

We license the technology to Redington for them to construct their waders as well yet maintain the best breathable material for our own wader construction only.

Cool technology. As a person who has made a living out of coming up with marketing names and strategies, I am a bit jaded when it comes to new products and technology. Nice to see there is some sound science behind the waders though.

I haven't tried these - but also think that it's a pretty good idea.
I've repaired many seam leaks on waders. And when checking them out by the flashlight method before hand - I could plainly see that the stitching holes had stretched out in certain areas, and causing leaks.

My wife just got me a pair as a gift last week. They look well made, and I was surprised how light they were But I haven't put them to the test yet.

Back