Orvis small stream fly fishing

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

Someone on a thread I don't remember (did a search did not find it) which one, recomended The Orvis Guide to Small Stream Fly Fishing By: Tom Rosenbauer. Hope you read this because I'd like to say thanks, I put it on my christmas wish list and it was one of the things I got. I really enjoyed reading it ( yep I finnished it, lotta late nights reading) Info in there for newbs and veterans alike. I love anything about those little jewels, if you do as well it's a good one. Great pics also.

^ This was under my tree as well...just skimmed a few sections and looked at the pictures so far, but looking forward to giving it the full read.

If it's the thread I'm thinking of, I think it was kbob who recommended it.

It's a great book, beautiful pictures also.

it was me :eek:) ( on my winter reading thread )

and its a GREAT book. i love the photos too.

its the kind of book that can be read again and a again during the season.

Am halfway through Trout by Bergman, which was recommended to me on the same thread, and I picked it up on ebay. i am enjoying.

I also got Nemes Soft Hackles book which was very disappointing. even with the updates on 'tiny' soft hackles (his solution - tye 20 & 22 patterns on 18 hooks...). nothing in there that you couldn't pick up in a couple of articles online. a great way to tye and fish though.

yeah that orvis/rosenbauer small stream book is very good I had the flu last week and read it again!

I have this book also, it's a good book. It's the kind of learning book you can read in the wintertime if you can't get out and fish.

geebee wrote:
it was me :eek:) ( on my winter reading thread )

and its a GREAT book. i love the photos too.

its the kind of book that can be read again and a again during the season.
Well geebee good call on the book, muchly appreciated. :-D

I loved this book. Great info and awessome photos.

Back