Orvis Safe Passage Tri-Pack

McSneek

McSneek

Anyone have one of these? I've been considering something with a little more of a backpack look to it but something that still has a zipper front and multiple pockets. Using a Fishpond vest right now and it doesn't have much rear storage for jacket, lunch, etc. on longer trips. Some of the other Fishpond products look a little bigger than what I'm after.

Mcsneak pm incoming

I have the previous Safe Passage pack that didn't cost over a 'Benjamin". I use it for smallie river fishing, fly & spin. I really don't know what else I'd use, honestly. My 2 Bugger Barns and spin tackle cases are like 9 inches long & wide: not many fly vests accomodate this well. (dinky trout ****-ant crap!!! ;) The back can hold some food and especially important in the summer heat of smallie fishing, BEVERAGE as well as strapping on a rain coat without being horridly uncomfortable. I don't think the new one has the zip straps on the back of the pack. I played with one at an orvis store last year and thought it was good. They made the 2 packs in the front overly constructed and padded, which makes them hotter and harder to dry if they get wet. Over-engineering kills! I don't think they fixed the problem I had. The packs on the front can twist because the straps aren't broadened or braced. The one i have twists pretty easily.

Back