Orvis Podcast-Tom Rosenbauer interviews Sarah Baker of Georgia DNR/EBTJV about native brook trout and their management.

I can't believe she said brown trout are no big deal. Crazy
I heard her say that brook trout are only found in the state of Georgia where brown and rainbow trout have been prevented by a man made or natural barrier and that they are quite efficient at out competing brook trout.

I can't believe she said brown trout are no big deal. Crazy
I did not hear her say that if she did I don’t know what the context was. But that reintroduction program she was talking about is likely going to involve removing a bunch i would imagine.

“In addition, Walnut Fork and Tate Branch will be electrofished and all non-native trout will be removed. The project will enhance the carrying capacity of primarily southern strain brook trout streams and will restore southern Appalachian brook trout to two streams that were historically brook trout waters.”

Caddy shack comedy

So much Better than the same Christmas movies i have been forced to watch on repeat for days. If I see one more mupet signing Im going for the woodford reserve.

Finally getting around to this, as my usual listening is delayed due to no commute for a couple weeks.

I have a real question instead of my earlier trolling: what is the Radical Brook Trout Army's position on streams populated by non-native, stocked brook trout strains / brook trout that have "introgression" with hatchery brook trout?

Is this good enough from a non "tackle shop talk" restoration standpoint? Or are these fish also ultimately candidates for demonization, a rotenone firebomb, etc.?

Finally getting around to this, as my usual listening is delayed due to no commute for a couple weeks.

I have a real question instead of my earlier trolling: what is the Radical Brook Trout Army's position on streams populated by non-native, stocked brook trout strains / brook trout that have "introgression" with hatchery brook trout?

Is this good enough from a non "tackle shop talk" restoration standpoint? Or are these fish also ultimately candidates for demonization, a rotenone firebomb, etc.?
Its gotta be hard work ironically trying to paint those sharing the fisheries science communities recommendations and educational material as radical. But kuddos because the few people afraid of being left alone in an internet chat room with the phrase “invasive brown trout” and their own feelings about that truth never give up trying. I suddenly envision my self with a rambo bandanna and an oil tanker full of rotenone careening towards the little J with “no breaks on this train” stenciled on the side based on your description of me instead of the reality of someone with only a favorites tab full of fisheries science begging someone too afraid to let go of a single brown trout state wide to let native fish have one stream out of 86,000 flowing river miles……whos really the one with the radical point of view?

No, we are not advocating for doing removal for one heritage strain or another. However we agree with the scientific community that harmful maladaptive harchery genes should not be stocked on top of wild native brook trout.

Last edited:
Well if you're going to cruise down to the Little J with an oil tanker filled with rotenone take me with you! I'm trying to think of a cool 80s action movie catch phrase to say, maybe say "monetize this", as the truck hits the water. The phrase is directed at the PFBC.

Well if you're going to cruise down to the Little J with an oil tanker filled with rotenone take me with you! I'm trying to think of a cool 80s action movie catch phrase to say, maybe say "monetize this", as the truck hits the water. The phrase is directed at the PFBC.
hahaha, I wouldn’t want to see anyone destroy what people love so much and has a large social value to anglers. What I would like to do is go on sixty minutes instead and talk about how PAFB won’t protect/manage one watershed where native brook trout ate still thriving for the species to maximize license sales. then we can drop the MONETIZE THIS lol

Its gotta be hard work ironically trying to paint those sharing the fisheries science communities recommendations and educational material as radical. But kuddos because the few people afraid of being left alone in an internet chat room with the phrase “invasive brown trout” and their own feelings about that truth never give up trying. I suddenly envision my self with a rambo bandanna and an oil tanker full of rotenone careening towards the little J with “no breaks on this train” stenciled on the side based on your description of me instead of the reality of someone with only a favorites tab full of fisheries science begging someone too afraid to let go of a single brown trout state wide to let native fish have one stream out of 86,000 flowing river miles……whos really the one with the radical point of view?

No, we are not advocating for doing removal for one heritage strain or another. However we agree with the scientific community that harmful maladaptive harchery genes should not be stocked on top of wild native brook trout.
Sign me up for this.
I can actually do a great pirate voice.

Back