Orvis Lifetime Warranty

I have a Folstaf wading staff I bought in 2007. The top inch or 2 of the cork broke off. Last week I sent a pic to their warranty shop asking if it would be covered. I didn't expect it to be, was really looking to get it repaired.

They emailed back that it looked extensively used, but, if I sent it in with $10 for return mailing they would replace the cork. Great deal, I just sent it in on Friday.

JF_ wrote:
I have a Folstaf wading staff I bought in 2007. The top inch or 2 of the cork broke off. Last week I sent a pic to their warranty shop asking if it would be covered. I didn't expect it to be, was really looking to get it repaired.

They emailed back that it looked extensively used, but, if I sent it in with $10 for return mailing they would replace the cork. Great deal, I just sent it in on Friday.
You got great service and a great deal because Orvis doesn't make the Folstaf and Folstaf's warranty policy isn't as good as it used to be, isn't as cheap and only applies to the original owner WITH proof of purchase.

You will probably get a new Folstaf because I doubt Orvis will fix it and it will probably cost Orvis more to send to back to Folstaf than to eat their cost on a new one.

Bamboozle wrote:
You got great service and a great deal because Orvis doesn't make the Folstaf and Folstaf's warranty policy isn't as good as it used to be, isn't as cheap and only applies to the original owner WITH proof of purchase.

You will probably get a new Folstaf because I doubt Orvis will fix it and it will probably cost Orvis more to send to back to Folstaf than to eat their cost on a new one.

This had nothing to do with Orvis, strictly a Folstaf dealing

JF_ wrote:
Bamboozle wrote:

This had nothing to do with Orvis, strictly a Folstaf dealing

Orvis no longer deals with Folstaf, and hasn't in quite a few years. Any warranty benefits received will be strictly on Orvis alone. While working for Orvis I've often seen them extend a warranty on many products they sell, even if they are not the actual manufacturer.

Unfortunately, because of convenience, will not buy from Cabelas/Bass Pro because they didn't make good on guarantee. Will purchase materials and tying tools distributed by Wapsi because they made good on a poorly machined vise.

I've more or less giggled at the mention of a Lifetime Warranty. There is usually some catch to it. The same goes for the warranty offered on my 1996 car.

Back