Orvis Encounter Wading Boots

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

In 2013 and again in 2014 I've started to do quite a bit of brook trout fishing. Some of these mountain streams have rather large boulders and are not easy wading streams, not to mention some mileage to hike in to. Based on my "bad" experiences of wading with studded boots in California I decided I needed a pair of felt only boots for some of my brookie fishing trips. (Yes, I know felt boots need to be washed properly to insure no little hitchhikers to other streams but these will only be used for small brookie streams.) I decided to try Orvis Encounter boots. The price is right (especially given the $25 coupon I had). I wore them on Sunday on what I believe is my toughest wading brookie stream. Water was at a good level and rocks were covered with weed growth. They performed better than I expected. Climbing from smooth rock to smooth rock was no problem. They also gripped through the weed covered rocks better than I thought too. The best part was their weight. When I picked these boots up to carry them out to my car, I had to look twice to make sure I didn't only pick up one boot because I couldn't believe how light they are. I honestly didn't think the weight of boots made that much difference but I was wrong. Made the trip really fun. Kind of like swinging a bat with a donut on it, then taking it off and heading to the plate with a bat feeling like a feather.

I was really impressed and satisfied with this purchase.

Fox

Those look nice. How do you get a $25 coupon?

A new Orvis store opened in this area last winter. And I've gotten many $25 off coupons in the mail ever since. They were available on line too.

By the way, I used one of my coupons on the encounter wading jacket. And with all of the rain we've had this year, it's been used a lot. It's very light, and stows easily in my vest. I'm quite happy with it also.

dryflyguy wrote:
By the way, I used one of my coupons on the encounter wading jacket. And with all of the rain we've had this year, it's been used a lot. It's very light, and stows easily in my vest. I'm quite happy with it also.

That's great to hear because I have 1 of those on order.

troutbert wrote:
Those look nice. How do you get a $25 coupon?

I don't know what triggers Orvis to mail out those coupons but in the last six months I've received three coupons.

At the very least you should purchase something at the local store and be sure you're registered when you check out.

Back