Orvis bamboo rods for sale

J

Jeep_Angler

#1.
1940's era Orvis Manchester. 9' 3/2. 12/18 ferrules and 6 oz rod. All original, except the snakes are black replacements. 2 wraps were replaced with thread that is a shade off from the others. Full length, straight with tight ferrules. Dirty grip that I wouldn't call smooth, but I wouldn't call it rough either. Not really ridged, but there is texture to it. I've fished it with a 6 and 7 weight lines the most and has a nice medium action. Paired up and balanced perfectly with my Hardy 5/6/7 Cascapedia. I believe the bag is original, with some small stains and holes. I think the tube is original (cal air) without a cap or label. I've not been fishing it since I got my Orvis "Brooks Special" Battenkill and I'm in the mood to eliminate some rods I'm not using. $215 shipped.

Orvis 7.5' 2/2 Superfine. Rod was refinished, including rescripted (serial numbers are original though). Full length, straight, excellent original ferrule fit. Original bag and tube with cap. Label is a bit rough, but legible. Rod built in the 60's. Superfine grip with very mild/smooth ridging (better described as feels wavy). Duel silver rings to hold the reel on. Great rod, but I'm not fishing it that much due to overlap in my "collection." $525 shipped.

Orvis Superfine 6' 1 piece. Relatively rare , early 1 3/4 oz model, not to be confused with the much more common 1 7/8 oz model, which is a heavier taper made after 1963. The 1 3/4 oz model is a sweet medium/fast dry fly action with a 4 weight line. The later, more common 1 7/8 oz model is a solid 5/6 weight rod. When holding the two rod models side by side, you can actually see the difference in the taper, especially in the butt sections and feel the difference in the wiggle.

This rod is full length and straight and I believe in original, excellent condition. Original tube w/ label - the label is nicked up, but legible as can be seen in the pictures. Cork is smooth. The bag has no holes and is clean, I believe a replacement according to database, although this type of bag was used during that period, so not totally sure.

Serial number is 19972.

$1150 shipped.

#1 and #2 are sold.

Thanks.

Back