Organization

once i get enough money to buy the equipment i need (yeah that's never going to happen - get all the equipment, ha! you always need more) i proably will retire it. The gentleman who gave it to me doesn't fly fish anymore and it was given to him. He gave it to me when he heard I took up fly fishing and said I would get more use out of it than him. I proably will rarely use any of the flies in there, but I don't have much in my arsinal of flies so far and who know's, I might use some here and there. But def an awesome gift.

I agree with tom. I'd use it for show.

It looks pretty heavy as well.... while its beautiful, you can get some lightweight plastics pretty cheap.

Also, ry... to your vest question.

Until it was stolen, I wore a pretty expensive vest for years. I found that, aside from being a little more comfortable and durable, it wasn't too much better than the cheap ones you can get at walmart and cabela's for $15-$25, provided you keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

I'm going to go vestless for the first year in my life. I bought a cheap chestpack and I'm hoping that it will do the job. It can fit all my tippet wheels, a leatherman/lighter for emergencies, strike indicators, gink, frog's fanny, and some hemostats are clipped on, as well as two small flybooxes and one medium flybox. I can't think of anything else I'd need.... want is a different story.

I also have a cheap gearbag which I plan on taking as well for unknown waters where I feel as though I need one of every fly that has ever been made.

Back