O'Pros Rod Holder

Tenkara is cane pole fishing... Nymph fishers are bobber fishers... :)
I'm thinking Euro-stuff is just highly developed cane poling more than re-visioned fly fishing. Recently, I went from Euronymphing to fishing dries, and thought "Wow, this IS different"

On a brand note, anyone own or used one of the O'Pros nets? Good, bad, ugly?

I recently bought one. Used it for the first time on my trip to the Savage River. I’m not sure about the product. I should have read up on it more. I couldn’t get it to stop shifting on my belt. Also it got caught on my net several times. I will try it again as I hate putting my rod and reel down on the rocks.

I recently bought one. Used it for the first time on my trip to the Savage River. I’m not sure about the product. I should have read up on it more. I couldn’t get it to stop shifting on my belt. Also it got caught on my net several times. I will try it again as I hate putting my rod and reel down on the rocks.
I found with mine (started using it last season) that a 3" belt is needed. I only have 2" wader belts and am too busy or cheap to look for and buy a bigger one. I figured out the optimal location for me (back of my right hip) and built up the belt with duct tape. It will hold a 9' rod at a 45' angle from horizontal without shifting. I haven't snagged my net on it yet - maybe because I have the net attached high on my center back. Very infrequently, it will catch line when flow is going left to right, but I attribute that to my own lack of line management. The bottom of my vest hangs right at the hooks so that helps keep interference at a minimum.

Back