Opening Days for Spring Fishing 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some intertesting artwork on the FGFF site! Might not want to click that link at work or when the family is around.

Last edited:
DaveKile
openingday.jpg
For 18 counties across southeastern Pennsylvania the opening day for trout begins on April 2. This is a time honored event for many and signals the beginning of spring and the official start to the fishing season. Usually, this is a good day for me to clean the garage or do my hair. Although I am not a big fan of the crowds, It is a great opportunity for the masses to get out and hit the many approved trout waters.

The 18 counties open April 2 include: Adams, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Franklin, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Perry, Philadelphia, Schuylkill, and York.

Opening day for the rest of Pennsylvania begins on [d]April 2[/d] (correction April 16). This provides a sort of double-header in April and encourages me to then clean the basement or give the dog a bath.

New York actually sneaks in opening day on Friday, April 1. New Jersey has their opening day on April 9. Maryland has a staggered opening depending on the stream.

So let the games begin!

Photograph provided by Afishinado

mcwillja
I believe opening day for the rest of PA is April 16th.

Last edited:
mcwillja

Last edited:
mcwillja

Last edited:
5RingsBL
That picture is comical. Ahhhhh the great outdoors!

Last edited:
5RingsBL

Last edited:
5RingsBL

Last edited:
PatriotFly26
Love the photo, and it sucks that we have a storm rolling in tonight, but did you really say do your hair? Either way, I may be fishing in the snow, but I'm too excited to wait. Fish On!

Last edited:
PatriotFly26
Love the photo, and it sucks that we have a storm rolling in tonight, but did you really say do your hair? Either way, I may be fishing in the snow, but I'm too excited to wait. Fish On!

Last edited:
PatriotFly26

Last edited:
DaveKile
I will sitting this weekend out. Good weekend for me to make sure all my fly boxes and gear are ready for some trips coming up.

I hope the weather improves for those of you venturing out.

Dave

Last edited:
DaveKile
I will sitting this weekend out. Good weekend for me to make sure all my fly boxes and gear are ready for some trips coming up.

Dave

Last edited:
DaveKile

Dave

Last edited:
FlySwatter
That photo gives me the mental image of trout dancing in pairs from one end of the stream to the other. I forget what that kind of dancing is called but I thought I saw it on Soul Train.

Last edited:
FlySwatter
That photo gives me the mental image of trout dancing in pairs from one end of the stream to the other. I forget what that kind of dancing is called but I thought I saw it on Soul Train.

Last edited:
FlySwatter

Last edited:
brookie_hunter
I'd rather chew my arm off than fish in that kind of crowd for stupid stockers.

Last edited:
brookie_hunter

Last edited:
brookie_hunter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back