One Fly

#12 peacock wolly bugger.

If it had to be a dry I would want one with a hook large enough to penetrate my sternum and pierce my heart.

#10 Golden Retriever if stream conditions dictate subsurface.

#14 Pheasant Tail Klinkhammer (Yellow Post) for up top. #14 Any color Stimulator as the runner-up.

#14 Royal Wulff.

Rusty spinner 14-18. I guess having a lot of confidence in a pattern can make a difference as I've had fish eat them no matter what might be on the water.

Hare's Ear.

I did this when I was a newbie with a royal wulf. It was the first dry fly I caught a fish with. When I lost it I went to a local sporting goods store looking for another one. I didn't know what it was called so I looked in every bin but they didn't have any. Then I found Flyshack and looked at pictures til I found it. Thats how I learned the name. I ordered 6 more and those lasted me the rest of the season. Since then I've figured out I like the adams better. I use that most of the time when fishing dries.

#14 CDC winged Rusty spinner.

size 16 bivisible

I would have to say a parachute adams.

Yellow humpy, you can't sink it!

For 2016, my nominees are Dyret Caddis, sulphur comparadun, and Foam ant.

And the winner is..... The Foam Ant.

I hammered them on foam ants this past year and my wife was slaying them on the sulphur comparadun....

We should do this every year during cabin fever season.

Dun Deer Hair Caddis with grizzly hackle.

I catch the most on a Orange stimulator because I fish a dropper a lot and I use that fly because it floats good. But if I had to pick just one dry fly it would be a Adams for sure.

Back