Old School

May 18, you are officially invited.

rrt wrote;

If I see you on the log with a cigar, I'll head back to my truck, retrieve a couple of beers, and come back to the log and offer you one. We'll reminisce, including about the days when I might have a cigar along to chase off the bugs. Maybe even talk about fly-fishing a little.

Hey, that sounds like plan. From the beginning of April to early May you can pretty much find me on the Tully 2-3 days a seek. I drive a green Subaru Outback with a "Catch & Release" license plate holder. After that you will find me on the WB of the Delaware more likely than not sitting on the bank by my cabin looking for rising trout.

Eight of my plastic boxes are the DeWitt brand with metal hinges and rivets. From small ones with six compartments to the bigger 8" x 4" x 1.25" and 18 compartments that I use for storage or when I am in the boat but never in my vest.

Leonard Baby Catskill 38 H and a Hardy LRH.

Back when this picture was taken I didn't know very much about trout handling although we were practicing 100% C&R. So before somebody beats me up about putting the fish on the grass let me say it was for the briefest of moments and the fish swam away with vigor.

Attachments

• Leonard 38H, Cutbow, Wheatley fly box.jpg
    Leonard 38H, Cutbow, Wheatley fly box.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 3
What day should we show up at your cabin?

just_jon wrote:
Definitely old school here. I fish bamboo and silk lines for all but bass and strippers.

I suspect stippers like silk, but probably prefer paper money folded lengthwise. Or at least that is what I've heard.

SmoothOperator wrote:
When's the next jam and how do you get invited??????

No invite required, but I see you now have one. There is a thread for it under Fly Fishing Events and Meet-ups"

I've been on this site longer than most and have been to a few. They are fun.

Tweed jacket is optional. LOL!

BigD, Tweed is your favorite color! Joe E

Back