Old gear

ryansheehan

ryansheehan

What do you with your old stuff? Specifically vests, chestpacks, nets, fly boxes, etc. I have fished them for many years and purchased multiple replacements.I am saving some of it for my two young boys, but there is some stuff that for sure will not get used again. Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Donate it. I did this with several pairs of hip boots. Usually TU can find kids who are just getting started. I posted my hip boots on this forum and someone made sure they went to the right place. I believe they ended up in a classroom raising trout.

Besides donating it..try to think of other uses for the gear.

For example:eek:ld neoprene waders when cut into 5 inch strips make a great interface between a tree and your deer hunting ladder stand.It keeps the stand from creeking in all kinds of weather when you shift your weight

On a ff trip,I once saw a elderly couple using a compartment fly box as a pill box

AFISHN wrote:
I once saw a elderly couple using a compartment fly box as a pill box
That's ironic, because my grandfather used his pill box for tackle in the last two years of his life!

Every year tctrout usually organizes a forum campaign for Project Healing Waters. I think it's in the spring but so far he has not started one this year.

Donate it, give it to friends to use, trade it for other gear, or sell it.

Back