old Bamboo rod's.

You are a pretty pessimistic guy. I see life differently. I am not here to argue with you friend. Bottom line, without actually seeing the rod... and for that matter the reel, we are both working off of assumptions.

Peace

gfen, I pretty much agree with you on this, and feel your advice has been very sound.

But how many 6.5 or 7 ft bass tapers have you seen?

That's assuming that it wasn't shortened, but I suspect it was.

Lots of junk out there.

IMO, worst case he would probably be out about $35 to $40 bucks because if he put it on Ebay, somebody would bite at $20-$25.;-)

Keith, Yes it was, The old store in N.E.. I know nothing about Bamboo rod's. What did you think ?. Thanks.

he didn't buy it.

:lol:

No, I didn't buy it, yet. I looked at it again, trying to justify buying the rod. Iv'e never cast a boo rod. all my other rods are carbon fiber, sage, T&t, I like what there made out of and the way they cast. I'm thinking the 60 bucks could be put to better use on Fly fishing equipment. But Thank's for all your input.

Hunter, I think the "he didn't buy it" comment was in response to you asking what Kieth thought of it.

Anyway, if you take a few pictures of it and post them here, some on are knowledgeable enough that we may be able to give you more info to help with the decision.

If you do so, take closeups of the ends. and the grip and reel seat.

Inspect the area just ahead of the reel seat for the shadow of a sticker. If it was refinished, there might be a shadow there. The shape of that might even give some indication o what it is/was.

I know. I took it the right way. lol. I just was commenting on being undecided to buy it and what he thought about it. I thought it was funny that we hunt the same stores. I'll try to get some pictures. thanks.

"he didn't buy it."
I'll speak for myself, thanks.

Hunter1,
I don't know enough about bamboo to judge, but it felt kind of heavy. I didn't have time to really scope it out.Sixty dollars seemed like a lot for an OC.
I only happened to be in NE because I met my family for dinner and we hung out a little afterwards. That was my first time there.

boo is going to be heavier than glass in a like weight/length. Hollowing will help. Its a different beast and why many prefer graphite over glass/boo.

by chance did you cast it?

Thank's Keith, It did seem heavy. I didn't cast it. They wont let you do that. Thank's all. Keith, did you eat at Woody's.

FarmerDave wrote:
Lots of junk out there.

Yet this thread keeps going.

OP, just stick the phone # for the place into this thread so one of these intrepid dealfinders can buy it then tell us about how great it is.

Back