Ok Winstonites...tell me about the b2t?

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

In particular, the 480-4 and 586-4 models? Anyone use them? I have an opportunity to get both for half price brand new but only want to buy one based on my budget. I would be using it for dries 90% of the time. Thanks and have a good weekend!

Be patient. Jdaddy will be with you shortly.

Thanks. I am looking forward to more info on these rods.

This is the second best boron rod that Winston ever made. The discontinued BL-5 is the best.
It is much "softer" than the B-2X, very much softer than the B2MX, and smoother, but with similar action as the B3x.
For what it's worth, I own at least 2 rods in each of the aforementioned series of rods.
It has almost the same feel as the graphite WT series.
My $.02 worth

I look to two people for reliable Winston info and gutcutter is one of them. 480-4 would make an amazing dry fly rod, particularly at half off! That would certainly be my choice for small-medium streams. I know someone who has a used WT 8' 4wt for sale (think they wanted $300). Its not the TMF.

Yeah one day ill findn someone with one of these, both this rod and a t&t helix. One day when im rich ill have one in the 5/6wt range. They bith seem very close to my m-series 3wt.

I am up in the air over which model to get...and then what reel would match balance it. Thanks.

I fish the 480-4 for small/med streams. It's a great dry fly rod and it can nymph when needed (small). I have mine paired with a Hardy Featherweight and they balance perfectly.

Back