Ok, which of you "gemmie heads" got to this guy?

Is this guy serious? I honestly do not care if I never catch another Brook Trout. I will take those big bruiser Browns that love dry flies anytime. Life is too short to worry about this kinda stuff. By the way his hat says it all.

This video has already been shared here by the "gemmie heads." I do believe Fish Sticks was the one that shared it.

Is this guy serious? I honestly do not care if I never catch another Brook Trout. I will take those big bruiser Browns that love dry flies anytime. Life is too short to worry about this kinda stuff. By the way his hat says it all.
lol the video did not even mention brook trout……that came from completely inside of you because he mentioned brown trout. At least when someone says brown trout are a trash fish you have been operantly conditioned to mention one of the reasons why they are viewed as such. Progress caddisflyer.

lol the video did not even mention brook trout……that came from completely inside of you because he mentioned brown trout. At least when someone says brown trout are a trash fish you have been operantly conditioned to mention one of the reasons why they are viewed as such. Progress caddisflyer.
Either way...next spring (and for whatever time I have left) I will be enjoying giant Browns sucking down my dries while you guys fret about insignificant little trout that live in trickles. And 100 years from now if there is even any fishing left, some great grandson of mine will be doing the same, catching beautiful Brown Trout!

Either way...next spring (and for whatever time I have left) I will be enjoying giant Browns sucking down my dries while you guys fret about insignificant little trout that live in trickles. And 100 years from now if there is even any fishing left, some great grandson of mine will be doing the same, catching beautiful Brown Trout!
He will just be fishing for species that came out of peoples aquariums ironically due to the attitude of his great grandfather. Google bottom up trophic cascade. Get him a nice mosquito fish set up for christmas. And also Look at what’s happening in Montana to brown trout, they might be just another tourist passer by to bozeman in the grand scheme of things.

I didn't click the link. Controversy gets clicks and page views, which leads to ad revenue, so people go with controversial and extreme content, to make money.

When people read fly fishing magazines, it didn't work that way, and it influenced the content.

I am so glad that it is almost waterfowl season and I get to bail out of these discussions as my obsession is about to change for the next few months. I am sure when I come back, the same dead horse will continue to be beaten.

If I see any brown trout swimming on some creeks while I am hunting wood ducks here in a month or so, I will be sure to let em have a load of #2 steel.....

But seriously fellas, both sides, do we really have to keep doing this?

do we really have to keep doing this?
Simon says

I didn't click the link. Controversy gets clicks and page views, which leads to ad revenue, so people go with controversial and extreme content, to make money.

When people read fly fishing magazines, it didn't work that way, and it influenced the content.
I’d consider that more of a PSA than intentional controversy

Did we watch the same video? He's talking about brown trout and cutthroat. :ROFLMAO:

He will just be fishing for species that came out of peoples aquariums ironically due to the attitude of his great grandfather. Google bottom up trophic cascade. Get him a nice mosquito fish set up for christmas. And also Look at what’s happening in Montana to brown trout, they might be just another tourist passer by to bozeman in the grand scheme of things.
I continue to bet on water temps (chronic, not acute) being the root cause of the problem with those famous Montana BT waters, mortalities, and population reductions. Not only will water temp problems manifest in greater bacterial presence and increased disease occurrence (think Susquehanna SMB) but also suppress reproductive success through impacts on gamete development.

I continue to bet on water temps (chronic, not acute) being the root cause of the problem with those famous Montana BT waters, mortalities, and population reductions. Not only will water temp problems manifest in greater bacterial presence and increased disease occurrence (think Susquehanna SMB) but also suppress reproductive success through impacts on gamete development.
I just saw MT FWP just instituted emergency regs requiring anglers to kill any smallmouth caught in the Bitterroot after an angler caught smallmouth there on 7/5/23. I suspect this stuff is also water temp related.

Don’t worry, in 100 years (and probably much earlier than that), most of our waters will be far too warm to support any coldwater fish species. There probably will be some waters that hold on, but those will surely not be open to the public and your great-grandchildren won’t be allowed anywhere near that water.

Last edited:
IMG 20230821 103158

Puppets dance.

IAM not a number , IAM a free man!

Last edited:
Ziplock full of butter, half and half, and one whole lemon worth of juice, and tons of pepper and add bread crumbs😗

My martha stewart style invasive fish cook book to hit stores soon
Or leave out the bread crumbs and gill it.

For stocked trout, my wife would make a crab meat stuffing and bake it. Amazing how the whole thing tasted just like crab meat stuffing.

I personally would rather have perch or even bluegills, and I don't have to drive anywhere to get those.

Or leave out the bread crumbs and gill it.

For stocked trout, my wife would make a crab meat stuffing and bake it. Amazing how the whole thing tasted just like crab meat stuffing.

I personally would rather have perch or even bluegills, and I don't have to drive anywhere to get those.
Yellow perch are my favorite. Walleye might be in 1st place for me, but round these parts they're too hard to come by. So perch it is.

Smoked trout with onions, chives, and cream cheese on a bagel is good. The only other time I can stomach trout is while camping when cooked on the camp fire with a liberal amount of salt and pepper.

For all you doomsday cult members just keep in mind the resilient Brown Trout and also the Rainbow will happily thrive in tailwaters which I assume will still be around in 100 years.

Back