Ohio Fishing in PA for a Day

F

flipper

I am an Ohio fisherman. I live in the Akron area. Am I allowed to fish in Volant or is this illegal? Silly me bought my license first thing this year and I am wondering if I will get to use it?

If this subject was discussed please forgive and direct me to the subject.

Thanks and stay safe.

If you have a Pa license - you can fish in Volant

Don't worry you'll blend in with all the other out of state cars still on our highways.

Especially the ones escaping New York City.

So, What your saying , is your from out of state . But have a PA fishing license, You can come into PA to fish. I'm in MD, We can't fish. I like surf fishing also, but DE is closed to outer staters. I was thinking of fly fishing the PA streams near me in North East, MD. But don't want to break the law.

Don't know about the legality but I can tell you that no one is being stopped or prevented from doing anything in PA. Case in point I had someone from Virginia pull up and fish after me on a stream in York County. The car was not a rental as it had a lot of custom stickers on the back and a vanity plate.

We have almost no Wildlife conservation officers and DCNR officers and the police presence is very minimal, at least in my neck of the woods.

Use your best judgement, I would not fish around the corona hotspot that you are talking about.

Yes I have a PA license since January, 1.

I am going to drive to Volant. No stops. I will fish myself and eat lunch out of the car. I will return with no stops.

I have no interest in breaking any laws. I contacted the shop in town and they are being cagey as to the legality of it all.

Thought I would ask here.

Thanks. I'll check . Cabin fever is setting in bad. Tight lines.

Seems to be a lot of gray area as to what can and can't be open right now in the state.

I thought that fly shops weren't considered essential, and supposed to be closed.
But the one in Volant is open.

There is a nice garden center close to my place that my wife and I always patronize every spring.
It usually opens April 1.
But they have a sign up stating that they're still waiting for the OK to open up this year.
Meanwhile, I've seen other garden centers open now.

State run liquor stores are closed.
But I've seen several distilleries open, and selling their booze now too

Please have fun! Don't forget to bring a mask and stop at one of the local restaurants and get some eats.

Seems to be a lot of gray area as to what can and can't be open right now in the state.

I thought that fly shops weren't considered essential, and supposed to be closed.
But the one in Volant is open.

There is a nice garden center close to my place that my wife and I always patronize every spring.
It usually opens April 1.
But they have a sign up stating that they're still waiting for the OK to open up this year.
Meanwhile, I've seen other garden centers open now.

State run liquor stores are closed.
But I've seen several distilleries open, and selling their booze now too

I seem that PA can't figure out what is essential or not and along with that on the HEALTH.PA.GOV website the numbers got screwy today . On April 20th they reported 1,204 total dead, on April 21st they reported 1,564 total dead, on April 22nd they reported 1,622 total dead and today they reported 1,421 total dead, that is a difference of 201 dead people. Now I’m well aware that at least 201 dead persons will vote for Biden in Philadelphia this November, but this is nuts. I did not get anything back from the website when I commented on the discrepancy this afternoon.

There definitely seems to be gray areas in all aspects of this situation. But yeah, use your best judgement. If you can pull off your trip without making any gas stops, food stops, and without coming in contact with anybody then I don't see any issues. Obviously that goes for in-state travel as well.

For what it's worth, there's been a lot of PA people fishing in Ohio lately. As I'm sure there's been a lot of Ohio people fishing in PA. One day a couple weeks ago I fished two spots on two Ohio rivers. Saw one car/pair of fishermen at each......both were from Pennsylvania. They were the only fishermen I saw that day.

I live close to the border, and haven't stepped foot in PA since March.....which has been the longest I've gone without fishing or visiting family in PA in a very long time. It's been very tempting though. Fortunately the fishing has been very good in Ohio.

hunter1 wrote:
So, What your saying , is your from out of state . But have a PA fishing license, You can come into PA to fish. I'm in MD, We can't fish. I like surf fishing also, but DE is closed to outer staters. I was thinking of fly fishing the PA streams near me in North East, MD. But don't want to break the law.

Just want to make sure you know you can fish for substance in MD. I reside in Northern VA but have been living in Western MD for the last 6 weeks. I have brought home some trout for dinner from the savage a few times, better than going to the grocery store IMO.

Just want to make sure you know you can fish for substance in MD. I reside in Northern VA but have been living in Western MD for the last 6 weeks. I have brought home some trout for dinner from the savage a few times, better than going to the grocery store IMO.

Oh shoot, that's the 20th fish today that's slipped out of my hands before I could get him onto the stringer...

PennKev wrote:

Oh shoot, that's the 20th fish today that's slipped out of my hands before I could get him onto the stringer...

Bahahaha

ryansheehan wrote:
hunter1 wrote:

Thanks Ryan.

Not much makes me laugh these days. Your comment about dropping fish certainly did :) :) . Thanks!!!

I've been hesitant to make the run out from NJ but I do see a fair amount of PA cars on I-80 on this side of the Delaware so people are still crossing state lines. I might actually make a run out to a winery near WindGap to pick up a few bottles to go. I need a nice ride and change or scenery.

Company I work for has an operating plant in Morrisville, may start making trips there. Mask and gloves required.

Back