Ocean City Md, Mid August 2011

or, mustad branded knockoff of boga for $20ish.

never needed one of those lip hangers even on bluefish and sharks. just grab behind the head or beach em.

Headed out on Saturday. I have a few flies tied up but need to tie more. I'm pretty much settled on just tossing clousers. I don't have the time to tie too many more and those are quick and easy and catch fish.

Any other last min tips, or anyone been out towards that area and have a report?

not sure if this helps but i was nailing blues last week in the obx. still working on a report, but sunrise and incoming tides and were the best for me. clousers did the trick, just be sure to bring plenty. i almost ran out after they kept getting shredded. good luck!

ok, big question.

Where do I get a license? Can I just walk into a sporting goods store or walmart?

I'm looking at the online application, and it only lists like 6 places to get it processed. Is that true, or can I find many places to get a license when I get up there?

http://dnr.maryland.gov/download/dnrf3.pdf

I just order mine online - and write down the confirmation number until they mail it.

I did get stopped on assateague shortly after ...i gave the ranger my confirmation number. It didn't come up on the computer but they let me go anyway.

I'm leaving in 2 days so I don't think that'll work.

its been years but i remember there was a bait shop on the bay side of rt 1 in the state park. between dewey and bethany i believe? went there once or twice a while back but it could be an option.

Also oyster bay tackle. They have two locations - one in Fenwick island and one in OC next to the greene turtle.

its been years but i remember there was a bait shop on the bay side of rt 1 in the state park. between dewey and bethany i believe? went there once or twice a while back but it could be an option.
Old Inlet Bait & Tackle

Also there was Herb's bait & tackle right in Dewey beach.

Oyster Bay Tackle in Fenwick definitely sells MD saltwater licenses, I watch several get sold 2 weeks ago when I was in the store.

May be a couple days late for you ry, but Captain Mac's on rt. 54 in Fenwick sells them. I was there last week and bought a DE license, but saw they sell MD too.

Fishing was ok the one night I got out. Fished the surf on the Fenwick side of the border from 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Surf was managable but there was a pretty good wind out of the south. I was chuckin bait on the 10 ft surf rod but still needed a 4 oz pyramid to hold bottom. Caught a few small sand sharks (Dogfish) and a monster skate, biggest one I've ever caught...man are those things a PITA to unhook. Enough action to keep me busy though. I love unhooking the sand sharks and walking them over to my wife to get the obligatory "that's nice dear, now put the baby shark back."

Well.... 4 letters explain the fishing in OC... B U S T!

No fishing was done surf side. The crowds were too big to do it during the day and it was closed in the evening. Planned to do some at Assetegua island on Thurs but it was so windy, where all the fisherman were the day before there were wind surfers. Fished bayside for about 15 min earlier in the week and had to head back. Did some crabbing for 2 days and that was fun. The first time out my wife and her sister were back at the condo and felt the earthquake and the 2nd time out they called us to say that all of OC was being evacuated due to the hurricane. It cut our vacation short a day and a half. Ohh well... October salmon will be here before you know it.

beaches were closed to fishermen at night ?? most places allow you to fish at night on beach...Sorry you had to cut it short, usually just before a big storm is a good time to get into fish.. Always next year, and don't forget there is the fall run on the east coast, mullet will running in sept down jersey...

we read on several sources that the beaches were closed at night. Maybe that was to swimming, but we never tried our luck.

My salmon trip to NY is my next trip planned. I know there are no runs over that way.

Most bathing beaches close at night. Go fish them anyways. Why? You're not between 13 and 25 with a couple sixes of Coors. They don''t care about you.

Livin' for the lord can be a buzzkill Ryan.

Maurice wrote:
Livin' for the lord can be a buzzkill Ryan.

ahh it's got it's advantages...

Back