Oak Orchard NY

Biggie

Biggie

If anybody heads to NY and the Oak in particular, just FYI, next fall there will be no parking down in the Archers Club grounds. Also they will not be offering breakfast or lunch for sale. This really sucks and anyone who parked at the club knows what I'm talking about.

Is there any reason why? The best part about the Archers is getting a bowl of chili, sitting at a picnic table outside, and watching people snag fish.

turkey, the club members that don't want non-members on the grounds are again taking over the club. The few guys that are in favor of the fisherman are losing out because of attrition (spl.). We can only hope that the next step is not posting the club again as was the case about 20 yrs. ago. I guess it was too much of a good thing.

Thanks for the follow-up Biggie. That's too bad. The club is a convenient place to park. Maybe too convenient it seems.

I just talked to a club member and someone was putting out misinformation. There will still be parking and food available at the club untill Veterans' Day. And the catch and release tourny will be held Oct. 19-20. Good news indeed.

Does the club have a website? Or where can I find info I the catch and release tornament ?
I am making my first trip up to oak orchard and I will be there the 19-23. Not sure this is good news. Is the tornament a big draw?

There are around 60 people in the tourney. Plus alot more people fishing the area. If you want to get in the tourney, you can sign at the club when you get up there. The cost is $125.00 for the three days. This includes prizes, breakfast, lunch and a great dinner each day. The top prize is for the heaviest fish which is always a salmon. They also have brown trout, steelhead, and atlantic salmon categories.The fee also includes the parking, and if you up for the week and pay for the tourney you can park all week and save $5 per day.

if its that great, it sounds like folks should join the club perhaps ?

I tried to join the first time I was there. To join the ST. Marys Archers Club: you must reside in Orleans County NY. Also there are other requirements before you are accepted into the club. And they don't offer associate memberships either. Most of the guys in the club don'e even fish. Some of the guys hunt. I think most of the members like beer.:).

Back