Nymphs?

steve2u42 wrote:
i think i understand what your saying.
I will end with that. I don't want to keep blabbing on

Blabb away. The information gets sent out. Who ever wants to can pick or chose what they do with it. We all learn differently. I agree with the fly list. I'm just thinking back to my 1st big hurdle.

The fly list was my big hurdle. Being detailed orientated, throughing a fly line with the wrong stuff just didn't seem worth the effort. After i got my flies, it made it worth it.
Casting wasn't the hard part. I'm far from perfect, actually not even that good but with the right fly, i figure i have a chance. So many people told me to get this, get that, don't need this, don't need that. I am almost at a point now that any fly will catch anything if presented right. But thats just hear say. I am not sure yet. experience will tell me if this is true or not. But, i have a selection. Its mine and i will share what works for me. doesn't mean it will work for everyone.
And I'm still not sure i have all i need. I have recently hear about BWO nymphs. Need to take a look at one and see how much different it is than everything else i have.

really dont need specific bwo patterns pts and small olive HEs will do the same . if the fish are really keyed in take out your sharpie(you should always have a sharpie on you at all times just my personal belife)and hit the wing case of an olive HE till its blackened sz 20 22 or so

following flies in beadhead and non beadhead are in my nymph box size 8 to 16. some are not true nymphs but are underwater as well

pheasant tail
hares ear
caddis larva-(tied in the flytying section)
redsquirrel
grey squirrel
beaded waxworm
walts worm
san juan worm pink and brown
beaded weenines in green and pink
sucker spawn in white pink and green
various eggs
I am going to try and tie up some prince and copper johns as well. Normally never use them but giving it a whirl. Also dont forget about blood worms or zebra midges.

I have 8 buggers in my box but i am mostly a nymph fisherman.

Back