Nymph Rod

moon1284 wrote:
Why do you have 7 rods? The drift can cover everything.

Would you be willing to put this claim to a test ?

Hooked yes I called they told me it would ship that week and that was three weeks ago :-o

Fredrick.. that stinks. I hope you get the rod back soon!

with adding to what moon said.. I think the drift will cover all your nymphing needs..

Maybe a Fenwick Aetos. . . I ran into them at the Fly shop in Coburn and simply couldn't walk out without one at that price point. I got a 10' 3 weight and am quite pleased.

I have the Cortland 10' 3wt. Very pleased. I have a Hardy 10'5wt, its very powerful, but I like tIhe Cortland better.

I use dry flies with the Cortland, it actually casts them with just my nymphing leader. Very delicate.... the rod is very versatile.

I realize that this is an old thread, but I suggest trying one of Risen Fly 10' nymph rods. Ryan has always been a hell of a nice guy each time I've met and talked to him and I am more than pleased with my ITB 6 weight and reel from him. Plus, you'd be supporting a member here. I put that 6 weight through it's paces and take it out fairly often for smallies, redbreasts, and walleye and it has never disappointed.

For around $200 Orvis sells a 10ft 4wt version of their Clearwater rods. That rod would be versatile enough for fishing nymphs, drys and streamers.

Syndicate pipeline is a absolutely sweet rod! I just got one and love it! Come in 10 and 11 feet and 2-4 wt. I got the 10’ 2 Wt and is actually like a 2 wt the first 4 feet and then is more like a 4wt the rest of the rod. It has the sensitivity of a 2wt with the backbone of a 4wt!

jifigz wrote:
I realize that this is an old thread, but I suggest trying one of Risen Fly 10' nymph rods. Ryan has always been a hell of a nice guy each time I've met and talked to him and I am more than pleased with my ITB 6 weight and reel from him. Plus, you'd be supporting a member here. I put that 6 weight through it's paces and take it out fairly often for smallies, redbreasts, and walleye and it has never disappointed.

Thanks for the kind words jifigz!

Check out our Nymph rods. We have the 10' 3wt in stock now, and are building the 11' 3wt, with the 11' 2 weight not far behind. Retails for $290 with lifetime warranty and free shipping. Join the email list and get 15% off your order and get it pretty close to your price range. It's been performing really well with a lot of our competition anglers as well as our daily anglers. Soft tip, stiff body and lots of feel. You won't be sorry.

https://www.risenfly.com/collections/fly-rods/products/23ps-nymph-rods

Back