NYC FLY SURF

Fredrick

Fredrick

This video is awesome . Even up to Jdaddy standards ;-)

This is the compilation of my 2010 fly fishing season in the surf zone around NYC. Locations covered the Hudson River and Long Island Sound in the spring and the south shore beaches of Long Island in the Fall.

All primary shots were taken with a Sony HD-SR11. The underwater and point-of-view images were taken with a VioSport POV1.5. Editing was on Vegas Pro9.

Music:
"So Long, Lonesome" - Explosions in the Sky
"Run River" - Jon Swift
"Heroin" - The Velvet Underground
"Sunsets" - Borgore
"Angel" - Massive Attack

Sweet

Very cool video (once you turn off the screeching music).

Saw the popped rod coming. Bet he decided one day to take the 8WT out to the jetty (An 8 at a jetty is like a knife at a gunfight).

Not to say I haven't busted a few myself. :)

Fishidiot wrote:
Very cool video (once you turn off the screeching music).

Saw the popped rod coming. Bet he decided one day to take the 8WT out to the jetty (An 8 at a jetty is like a knife at a gunfight).

Not to say I haven't busted a few myself. :)

I like the music DAVE. The rod that broke was a Orvis Hydros 8wt .

Great video. Good quality.

Hope people dont think that is the norm for salt fishing- ha! That must have taken dozens of hours to capture. Was wondering where the stripping basket was with all the rocks. Still am amazed there is no water on the lens with all the splash. Would be nice to live close by to those locations to see if if it's on or not.

I am a big fan of explosions in the sky and massive attack, and was ok with the music.

Mainly, the nearly 3 minutes of wasted time at the beginning is what annoyed me. The fishing action was good, though. Watching him hook those bass right at his feet reminded me of my single success in striper fishing this year, and it was a pleasant memory for a cold winter morning.

I have seen jetty fishermen that I know were nuts and I'M crazy.
What annoys me is when the jetty fishermen risk that and the boaters crowd them-some things never change.Come on down to Ponce inlet and I will put you on bull reds and watch from a distance-too old.

Great Video!!

Gotta respect getting VU into a fly fishing video (i.e. the screeching previously referenced) . Does not happen every day. The bait fish balls remind me of striper fishing down in SC as a kid.

Fredrick,

Great video!
Immense afford to acquire all the video footage!

Windy Hudson River great shot, ocean boat sequence, Rockaway jetty. I feel like I was there with Peter.
Yep, if this were my cuts, I would put Massive Attack with breaking the rod sequence.
The video looks striking good on the full Apple Cinema!
Go strippers!

PS: You don’t mind my Adrian’s shots…? (You said they don’t belong here…?)
Twenty five years ago I took him fishing for ‘blues’ in the open ocean by the Rockaway from the Sheepshead Marina.
There was a stormy weather…
He never fish with me again…
:-(

Breezy Point reflection

:-( :-(

Attachments

• Jetty_from_BreezyP-w.jpg
    Jetty_from_BreezyP-w.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 3
  • VerezanoB_day-w.jpg
    VerezanoB_day-w.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 5