November get away reccomendations

mute

mute

Got a bunch of vacation time to take and Looking to take a few days during the week to get out and do some fishing. Looking for something unique and new. Whether it's big steelhead/salmon in Pulaski or targeting pike or musky. Trout are worth while if again it's something different then what Chester county stocked Waters offer.

Perfer the rush of trophy sized species on smaller waterways but will fish ponds/lakes if required. Willing to travel 3-4hr away from Philadelphia suburbs.

Stripers in NJ? GG

Slate Run gets my vote. Hotel Manor makes a good base of operations.

One of my trips would be a striper head-boat trip out of Belmar or Atlantic Highlands during the two weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. They will most likely be jigging AVA diamond shaped jigs (A17’s and A27’s with white, green, or yellow surgical tubing on the hook)or there could be some jigging of swimbaits and casting/reeling of larger Kastmaster spoons depending on depth, wind, tide, and drift speed.

You want a trophy fish, I would second mike and say jersey stripers. You could find them running off the jetties and fish with a fly rod but you would need to follow the reports closely and have a little luck. Otherwise a heap at with get you on them.

Wish I was more of an ocean. Guy. I prefer freshwater. I have a harmans cabin booked in Dec. Hopefully that turns out to be good.

Is there anything similar to harmans available up north like Poconos 2-3 hours away?

Back