Not much snow but plenty of rain

Yep, those blue and black dots don't last long.
We were having a great Spring for water but now it is going the other way. Been at least a couple weeks since significant rainfall and SE streams are already starting to slip back to median flow or less.

We are getting enough to wet the grass down and increase it's growth rate. Great...

Swattie, I couldn’t agree more! Pine Creek hit over 65 degrees the last two days. Other central Pa streams have been in the lower 60’s. Prolly time to hang up the Fly Rods till September or October. Not really going to be ethical to fish after tomorrow. Time for warm water season! Woohoo!

Swattie, I couldn’t agree more! Pine Creek hit over 65 degrees the last two days. Other central Pa streams have been in the lower 60’s. Prolly time to hang up the Fly Rods till September or October. Not really going to be ethical to fish after tomorrow. Time for warm water season! Woohoo!
If by "warm water season" you mean the time of year where I can catch all those invasives and stockies and have em die due to stress and fatigue, I am all in.

I actually haven't bass fished at all this year. Who am I anymore?

I won't be able to make it until late May/early June. We'll just stay out of the project water and kill everything we catch - if there's anything to catch. I'm guessing that little Pine will be the same disaster it was last spring/summer. I noticed that the PC temps aren't even getting much lower than 60 overnight - on the monitor at Waterville. Maybe things will be cooler upstream from Jersey Mills to Slate Run?

Looks like rain will return this weekend. Modeling guidance suggest multiple precipitation chances for next week. Climate Prediction Center 6-10 and 8-14 day outlooks favor above precip for the commonwealth.

The flow levels are about ideal right now. Not too low, not too high...just right.

This weekend the forecast is for cloudy weather and scattered showers. Conditions will be PERFECT!!
For real. A lot of streams are fishing great. A warm spell doesn't make or break a year or a fishery. I really am starting think that some of this board just sits home and looks for excuses not to actually fish, "Too high! Too low! Too warm! Too cold! Can't understand what's open/closed! Ahhhh, screw it, why even try!"

This year's been great for me so far! If guys want to sit home and fret about every little thing, that's fine with me. I don't miss them being out there on the water. Meanwhile the trout persist just as they always do and are there to be caught. If a particular stream not being in prime condition makes or breaks your trip/season/year, that says a lot. Puts you only marginally above truck chasers IMO. It's not supposed to be easy everytime, or a sure thing everytime. Learn, explore, get out of your comfort zone! Get after it!

Crappie are in shallow now around here (SE ) and the big gills will be in soon. Lot of fun on a fly rod. Also makes for some tasty eating.

Back