North Branch Potomac help

Fished it once and did manage the bow, brown, brook and cut slam. Ankle breaking wading is what I remember the most. Never got back and I'm not sure why. Maybe in 2013

Without a doubt THE worst river to wade next to the Savage on the East coast. In fact, the only river that has been more difficult is the Boulder River in MT north of McLeod. Don't let what I say change your mind. The Mac is simply amazing up there and you'll certainly find quality fish. Bring a staff for sure and don't fish alone. You will go under the water if you don't take your time. You'll love it up there! Be sure to explore the savage system for at least a day above the dam. You won't be disappointed with MD's brookies.

Good luck to all and be safe!

midgeman wrote:
Without a doubt THE worst river to wade next to the Savage on the East coast. In fact, the only river that has been more difficult is the Boulder River in MT north of McLeod. Don't let what I say change your mind. The Mac is simply amazing up there and you'll certainly find quality fish. Bring a staff for sure and don't fish alone. You will go under the water if you don't take your time. You'll love it up there! Be sure to explore the savage system for at least a day above the dam. You won't be disappointed with MD's brookies.

Good luck to all and be safe!

:-o +1

midgeman wrote:
Be sure to explore the savage system for at least a day above the dam. You won't be disappointed with MD's brookies.

Did that one morning on my (only) trip there...was actually pretty disappointing. Maybe we weren't in the right area or bad timing...

Back