NJ - Ken Lockwood or Hacklebarney

J

jrj

Looking for a place to fish Friday without having to drive to the mid state. Did that last week. Located in Bucks County.

Has anyone fished these two lately and have the temps been holding OK?

Would also be open to something north of Allentown. Not interested in the Little Leigh.

Thanks. - Ross

Black R will be a bit warmer. South Br has been mid 60's in the AM, but rising into the 70's in the afternoon and evening. Plenty of fish all over above Ken Lockwood, but way less people. KLG is pretty, and broken water helps fishing. However, plenty of fish that don't see too many flies upstream, along with more wild fish.

BTW, tricos have started in pools upstream, but fish haven't really been on them heavy.

Jeff - thanks. Hit Ken Lockwood this AM. Water was at 66. Great water, tough to walk the rocks. Landed 3 Rainbows in the 12-14 range and had a nice brown self release after 3 jumps.

Try Martins Creek, north of Easton on the PA side. Smallish water. 7'6" four weight will do the trick. Wild browns, some of decent size. Also stocked in some sections.

Oregon,

I would stray away from the Martins with this low water. I know the Martins like the back of my hand, and if there isnt any water, because of the size of it, you wont catch a thing. Its tough fishing that creek in the summer with no rain. Just my two cents. -Kev

Back