New York and Erie

gulfgreyhound

gulfgreyhound

Just a few pictures of my brown trout and steelie trip.
The browns in New York were skittish to say the least ,but we managed to catch a few. At one point you could see waves of fish heading upstream with their dorsal fins out of the water as they thrashed through the shallows. This made spotting them easy, but
getting them to strike was another matter. Unlike Erie there were few fishermen on the creek which made it nice. I ended up with three to hand and Moose got a pair. Not bad for the old guys.

It was good to meet up with Farmer Dave in Erie and get to see some new water. Conneaute Creek was in good shape and Farmer Dave put a hook in a steelie ,but it's first head shake was all it took and it was "fish off'. Both the Moose and I enjoyed a few cold ones at the Avonia with Albatross, Don and Farmer Dave.
Time like that make up for the fishing.

Attachments

• FIRST BROWN OF THE TRIP.jpg
    FIRST BROWN OF THE TRIP.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Mooses first brown.jpg
    Mooses first brown.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Bad picture of a nice brown.jpg
    Bad picture of a nice brown.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Farmer Dave and Moose  at Conneaute Creek.jpg
    Farmer Dave and Moose at Conneaute Creek.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Farmer Dave working a nce spot.jpg
    Farmer Dave working a nce spot.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 5
Nice!! I thought my brown was a biggen than i see pictures from others. Good pictures and time fishing with friends beats fishing (of any kind) any day

It was good to see you for at least a few minutes in Erie. Too bad the conditions were so poor. Glad to see you at least got into a few fish on your trip.

Great to see you again and Moose for the first time. I enjoyed the fish stories at the Tavern Friday evening and the opportunity to visit with Farmer Dave again.

That first brown is a sweet fish!

My God man its good to see you with a trout from up here!
I know, its not the only reason you make the trip. :)
I dont remember his name being Moose? Is that not your friend I met? He seemed of true character.

Squaretail wrote:
I dont remember his name being Moose? Is that not your friend I met? He seemed of true character.

I think Art used the name Moose more often because Jim looked so small standing next to me. Notice how he stood closer to the camera to make himself look bigger.;-)

BTW Squaretail, your name came up a couple of times that day, but your crazy dogs were talked about even more.

Squaretail wrote:

Thanks Squaretail. It's the same guy, Jim,I gave him that nickname when we were in college . As Farmer Dave said he's not as big as Dave,maybe a little wider. To describe him as a character is very true.We have been friends since 1955 and fished and hunted all during our college days. of course we have stories on one another which have grown over the years. I was glad to see him catch those browns. We plan on doing it again in 2013.
I heard dogs barking while we were on Elk and wondered if it was you and the girls. We miss seeing them this go around. Maybe May if all goes well. GG

Back