New World Record Largemouth(?)

F

Fishidiot

With recent discussion of record size game fish, I thought I'd add this link to the mix. As many of you are aware, the all-tackle, world record for largemouth bass has been - for at least as long as I can remember - the holy grail of game fishing records. The current record, set in 1932 in GA, is 22lbs 4 oz. More than a few fishermen these days, esp in southern CA, have become obsessed with topping this record (their motives are often criticized as ego and desire for riches). Some fish have come close and at least one possible record was released. Surprisingly enough, a possible tie for the record has been caught in Japan. Whoda thunk it? I knew that largemouths have been introduced around the world and some giants have come from Africa but I didn't know largemouths were in Japan. The IGFA is currently reviewing the catch. Anyway, here's more info:

http://www.floridasportsman.com/casts/090924/index.html

Should have used a larger bluegill and would have had the record lol....

That's pretty cool that they're catching them overseas now. They said they are invasive and not always revered as a good gamefish over there. I don't think anyone would have figured the US would have lost the record. Some of those guys who are trying to get it here are probably not happy that it was tied by someone outside the states, but ohh well. Pretty neat to see fisheries growing all over the world.

Mexico has a chance

So does Cuba. Did anyone on here read Sowbelly? That was an interesting book.

This sucks I thought I was going to be the one to break this record .....

Back