New wading boots

I have the Cabela's Dry Plus and a pair of Cabela's Guidewear studded felt soles.

I got them for a great price during the employee pricing thing.

Only had them out once, but the waders are extremely comfortable and the boots seemed stiff, but were very easy to wade and walk in.

Whatever replaces felt will never be widely accepted by the wider, angling public until its in the $50 or less range and still nearly as effective as felt.

Simms, Cloudveil, Korkers, Patagonia, Chota, etc., they push the R&D. But they all patent their designs, and its 20 years before the non-R&D companies get to participate. Among more serious fly-fishermen like ourselves, these are what we think of as common wading boots. But we are so off base, these better brands are the minority, not the majority (they may make the most money, though).

When you get new-age effective rubber to replace felt in Pro-Line wading boots, on the cheap rubber $20 hippers you get at ****'s, and on Red Ball boot-foot neoprenes, then you have something.

I see where Orvis is having a nice sale on Boots and waders!

PaulG

since I'm not with orvis anymore, the next pair will probaly be korkers, unless I get another pair of Brogues cheap...

what it boils down to is what u like and more importantly how much u fish , fish alot buy good ones , fish 2 times a month four months year u can probably wear any boots

sandfly wrote:
since I'm not with orvis anymore, the next pair will probaly be korkers, unless I get another pair of Brogues cheap...

Sandfly
They have the Brogues on sale for $89.00!

PaulG

Back