new wader boots

Does anyone have experience in Foot Tractors with aluminum bars vs. without aluminum bars?

Those look very nice but not sure I am willing to pay $500 for a wading boot. I am currently running Patagonia waders and they have been ok. The best part about Patagonia is there CS and warranty. They have fixed my waders once and replaced them once.

I dont blame you i paid $130 for mine before they discontinued the old style

I too am going to be purchasing wading boots. I’ve gone through 2 pairs of Walmart hiking boots as wading boots. They were certainly good enough for $30 however are falling apart.

My question is sizing. I’m looking at Korkers. I’m a size 9.5-10..should I purchase that size or do I need to go larger? For my Walmart hiking boots I got size 13 to fit the wader sock into but they fit well.

I too am going to be purchasing wading boots. I’ve gone through 2 pairs of Walmart hiking boots as wading boots. They were certainly good enough for $30 however are falling apart.

My question is sizing. I’m looking at Korkers. I’m a size 9.5-10..should I purchase that size or do I need to go larger? For my Walmart hiking boots I got size 13 to fit the wader sock into but they fit well.

You’ll get some variance in opinion, but I think the most common answer you’ll see is go one size larger than your street shoe size for Korkers. Slightly big (can be remedied with thick socks) is better than slightly small when it comes to wading boots. Too tight means ice cold feet and loss of dexterity, which can be dangerous.

I’m a 10.5 or 11, wide if I can find it, for my street shoes. I buy 12’s in Korkers. 12’s have consistently fit well for me across several different Korkers models. I don’t even try them on anymore. I just order 12’s. Very consistent sizing.

Edit: Also factor in the relative thickness of your booties. Generally, mid range and higher end waders have thicker booties, and you may need a little extra room to account for that. Your $100 Redington or Cabelas house line type waders won’t need as much room. FWIW.

Last edited:
You’ll get some variance in opinion, but I think the most common answer you’ll see is go one size larger than your street shoe size for Korkers. Slightly big (can be remedied with thick socks) is better than slightly small when it comes to wading boots. Too tight means ice cold feet and loss of dexterity, which can be dangerous.

I’m a 10.5 or 11, wide if I can find it, for my street shoes. I buy 12’s in Korkers. 12’s have consistently fit well for me across several different Korkers models. I don’t even try them on anymore. I just order 12’s. Very consistent sizing.

Edit: Also factor in the relative thickness of your booties. Generally, mid range and higher end waders have thicker booties, and you may need a little extra room to account for that. Your $100 Redington or Cabelas house line type waders won’t need as much room. FWIW.
Thanks..think I’m gonna go with the greenbacks in size 11. I wear simms Tributary waders. I’m shopping them from Amazon. Can’t seem to read a clear answer but I assume they come with the regular rubber tread bottoms.

Thanks..think I’m gonna go with the greenbacks in size 11. I wear simms Tributary waders. I’m shopping them from Amazon. Can’t seem to read a clear answer but I assume they come with the regular rubber tread bottoms.

Yeah, you can get them with different sole packages, but most commonly they come with the felt and the rubber lug (non-studded). The rubber lug is decent, and certainly will be better than those Walmart hikers, but the upgraded studded soles are superior. You can just buy those separate afterwards though, if you decide you want them.

Yeah, you can get them with different sole packages, but most commonly they come with the felt and the rubber lug (non-studded). The rubber lug is decent, and certainly will be better than those Walmart hikers, but the upgraded studded soles are superior. You can just buy those separate afterwards though, if you decide you want them.
Ordered them. I’m mostly looking forward to no more gravel in my boots. My Walmart diggers were low cut haha.

Patagonia foot tractors - https://www.patagonia.com/product/foot-tractor-wading-boots-aluminum-bar/79320.html

you can probably find deals.

I bought a pair last year and probably fished close to 50 days. love these boots.
I agree. I got the sticky rubber with cleats at Backcountry.com with 20% off coupon. $296
These came out around $500 but I knew they couldn't support that price - completely repairable by Danner or not. I installed Orvis carbide cleats since steel just doesn't last.

I like Simms boots. I have G-3 boots. Last year I got the flyweight boots and think they are the best for me. They are easy to walk in and wading is easy too because you can pick your feet up a lot easier than the heaver G-3's

Back