"New" Tyer

P

ponner1us

I've been tying some basic flies (wooly buggers, san juan worms etc..) for a few years but I think I need to start tying some more of my own flies to start catching some more trout. So I need to start buying some supplies. I went to order today and most places have some stuff I need but not everything. I'd rather just order from one place online so I can get it delivered and not pay for shipping from more than one place. Any suggestions on which Online Fly Tying Suppliers have the best assortment of materials?

J Stockard
Caddis FLy Shop Oregon
Mad River Outfitters

I wouldn't say he has the best assortment of materials but performanceflies.com has a lot of hard to find stuff. I also second
J stockard, if wapsi or hareline makes it they will probably have it as well as other brands.

You could try here:
http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Somerset__NJ.html

Most of the materials are not that pricey, you could go to your local shop, especially for the common supplies. bird skins and some fur gets expensive.

I went to order today and most places have some stuff I need but not everything. I'd rather just order from one place online so I can get it delivered and not pay for shipping from more than one place.

try to remember there is no one "mother of all online fly shops" that carries all tying supplies under one website

try

your local fly shops first (they should be able to get everything you want)(a lot of tyers forget about their local fly shop)

if that fails, then try these

feather craft

j stockard

bears den

hook & hackle

bear lodge angler

the fly shop

badger creek

fly tyers dungeon

allen fly fishing (great place for hooks)

stone ridge outfitters

etc etc etc

Back