New tyer decision

mrwisker

mrwisker

After reading about a bazillion opinions ranging from the yardsale vise (which I will now find about a dozen after I got mine) to the ones that cost hundreds of dollars.
Cabelas super II Is the vise I got as well as the pedestal base for a grand total of 40.26
It allows for rotatation of the fly if needed and change of angle of vise as well.
I'm figuring to go inexpensive to start and then upgrade to something different or better when the time presents itself.
The apex vise was looking good for the lifetime warrenty it offers. The danvise was looking good for the price and the special features. One thing that pushed me away from danvise was the attitude on, what I believe was the danvise website, that if you have a problem with the vise, go back to where you bought it and don't bother me about it. (I may be wrong about that attitude and site though)
The tools and supplies will come piece at a time when needed, and I am sure that will mushroom out of control soon enough.
Now let the education begin :-o

decent buy....

Now which would be better I am torn from the renzetti traveler or the peak rotary. I have seen alot of people love the renzetti traveler but I used to tye years ago and loved it. Looking to get back into it.

i just got a traveler and love it, but i dont think u could go wrong with either

i like that cabella's vise a lot! good choice.

i think your next important purchase is a good bobbin holder.something like a griffin ceramic.they're about $13.

cheaper bobbin holders often help thread break at just the wrong time!

good luck

Back