new to the lehigh valley

F

falconpilot

Hey everyone. I just moved to the lehigh valley. First time to live in the northeast. Looking for some places to fish. I just moved to Hellertown and have seen a few people fishing the saucon creek. Anyone want to share some places they like to fish around here? I don't mind having to hike in.

Thanks

Nick

Welcome to the board and Eastern Pa falcon ....

This is a good place to start

Pa Trout Stream Map

Southeast Pa Trout Streams

North East Trout Streams

Think it is the same as the states site but not sure

Still a newbie to this but here are some popular spots ....

Little Lehigh (Allentown) - one of the most popular creeks (limestone) hold wild and is stocked. Fly Shop area (off Fish Hatchery road) is very popular place to start but does get crowded once the season begins. We hold a few events their yearly.

Monocacy Creek - runs thru Bethlehem. Fished it for the first time this fall and will go back (Northampton County)

Lehigh River - Never fished it but what I have heard/read is large water, hard to wade in but large fish

Bushkill Creek - another limestoner in the city of Easton not that far from you

There are more and you are also in travel distance to the Poconos where there are some nice bookie streams. I know a lil abt that and can PM if ur interested but there are some real knowledgeable gents that can steer u in the right direction. Let me know and good luck.

Thanks for the info Stagger Lee! I am going to check out that fly shop next week.

Welcome Falcon,
There are thousands of trout streams not to mention warm water lakes and rivers where one can fish in PA - much depends on how far you're willing to drive.

Try the "Where to Fly Fish" link in the upper right side of this page. You can also search this site for reports and discussion by stream, date or county in the Reports forum.

If you wanna fish the LL, hit me up for some free "guiding".

Thanks everyone for the info! Seems like this is a great forum. dubthethorax I will take you up on that offer sometime. Do you fish all winter?

Nick

That flyshop on the LL may not be open much right now due to the weather and time of year.I was in that area last Friday and it was closed.

Hey guys! Anyone going to be around and fishing the lehigh area?

I think that Fly Shop at the LL has been closed as in permanently for a while.

Great spot - get Bob Miller's book "Tricos" for some interesting patterns and guidance to that heritage section.

NedZeppelin wrote:
I think that Fly Shop at the LL has been closed as in permanently for a while.

Where have you been? The fly shop has been open for about 2 years or so.

I'd offer to help, but I'm not going to be available for a while to help. There are plenty of trout streams nearby, I live in Saucon Valley and have fished all of the good one and some not so good.
Everyone else so far has given you good info, so go from there. When I get back, the winter stone flies will be hatching, I'll get in touch then.

Falcon, with the Saucon at your back door. Try it. Lots of fish to catch there. A good amount of wild browns, with some holdover stockies as well. One of my favorites is the Bushkill creek in Easton. If you do some exploring on Bushkill creek you can find some really nice fish. Wild and stocked as well. I fish there alot in early Spring. You would be welcome to join me some time. I could show you around a bit.

GenCon

Ditton on the Saucon - right near home. Not the most beautiful water, but nice wild fish. Difficult to catch when water is clear, but with a little flow and color, excellent.

Back