New to the area

Chris .. jams are great. Very informative but also a lot of fun and you get see a bunch of guys go fox hunting.

Stagger_Lee wrote:
fox wrote:

RC, if you are referring to the Fish & Chips, then yes, we will be doing that again in July or August. No date has been set as of this time but everyone agreed it should be an annual event.

Fox .. you guys thinking of doing that 'Newbie Brush up' meetup? If I recall it went down last April or May abt 5 weeks after the Instructional Jam

Fox, I'm referring to the brush up that was late April or early May of last year. You were helping me with my casting and gave me an elk hair caddis to use on the water because I did not have any dry flies in my box. You seemed impressed with my 20 yr old 7' 4wt Penn rod.

Stagger and djs were there also.

You happen to be very close to a lot of great freestone trout streams. PM me if you want a point in the right direction. Some day I would like to live near Ralston if the gas drillers don't screw it up. I always imagined myself retiring to one of the houses on pleasant stream road. Have you explored Rock Run at all? Prettiest creek in PA.

RC and Stag, I assume we'll be doing the bush-up again but I'll let H-A say for sure. I's just hired helps!

Foxgap239 wrote:
RC and Stag, I assume we'll be doing the bush-up again but I'll let H-A say for sure. I's just hired helps!

Not so. You're every bit as involved with any Newbie event I come up with as I am. I'm not the least bit offended if you come up with something on your own, and I'd gladly help if I can.

These events are all about the Newbies - not about us. This is why I recruit people like yourself, pcray, FrequentTyer, Dog, Swattie, FGSIII, etc. I know you guys will put the interests of the Newbies at the forefront.

Sharing knowledge, meeting fellow forum members, making new friends and fishing buddies, and building camaraderie amongst our fellow PAFF members old and new are the foundation of these events. They are intended to support what PAFF is all about, and with dkile's approval, they'll continue.

When the date gets ironed out for the Fish and Chips event, I'll load up the grill and links! Might even get Joy to come along!

Spoke with H-A, well sorta anyway. :-D We will have a "Newbie" Brush Up day in April or May, exact date to be announced. Maybe we'll try to have it in conjunction with the Sulfurs so it may be late afternoon into early evening event so that we can catch the hatch.

We will also have the 2nd Annual Fish and Chips Day in July or August. Details will be announced as we get closer.

Both events will be held on the Little Lehigh by the Fly Shop.

Good stuff gents.

Welcome to Pa. and Paff Chris good to have you here. Of the many things that go on through this great site the Spring Jam is comming in a couple of months it's in the fly fishing events section. Lots of fishing, eating, drinking, bsing, and camping. Did I mention fishing? It's a great time... to fish. :-D

Rock Run and Stony Fork should make a CO boy feel a little closer to home.

Back