new tent

pcray1231

pcray1231

After last year's washout at the jam, I woke up when my air mattress started to float, lol. Anyway, my tent leaked bad, and after several iterations of nylon tents it seems more and more like their life expectancy for me falls somewhere close to breathable waders.

Decided to go a different route. Got the Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow tent this weekend, 10x10 model. A lot bigger, goes up quick and easy, nearly vertical walls so I can stand up and walk around in it. I'll be stylin at the jam this year.

Downside is its heavy as heck, 70ish pounds. But I car camp anyway and still have the leaky nylon if I want to hike, just have to check the weather first. Also, the canvas, while supposedly very durable and waterproof, you have to be extra careful to dry it out before packing it.

Put it up in the yard yesterday and hosed it down as per the instructions. So far, so good. Seems good and sturdy, after pounding in a whopping 16 stakes, it did go up easy. Looks quality. Cool gear storage options.

Pat- cool.

I am very rough on gear and suprised my (nylon- Kelty) tent has not leaked- going on 8 years I think. Although the zipper failed in Ca and found an awning place to sew on a new zipper for $20 bucks.

Yea- big heavy tent no problem if your not carrying it far.

Enjoy the luxury.

Your tent seems large enough for a cot. I have evolved through several air matresses and I find the cot more comfortable. Might want to give it a try- check sierra trading - got mine there.

Back