New Orvis Encounter 9' #5

wbranch

wbranch

About four years ago I bought my grandson an Orvis Encounter 9' #5 4 piece rod combo. It came with an entry level reel loaded with an Orvis WF#5 line, backing, and a leader. He hates fly fishing. He never used it and gave it back to his mother to give to me. I looked at it today and I can honestly say it looks to never have been cast. The cork is clean and flawless. The rod is new, not much more I can say. I would say it has a fast action. I felt flex to the mid point when I put it together. Nice rod for back-up or someone who doesn't fish every weekend. Selling at $100 + postage or will deliver within 20 miles of York. Rod/reel/line and travel case. Combo lists for $169 + tax/shipping.

Attachments

• Encounter3 (600x338).jpg
    Encounter3 (600x338).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Encounter2 (600x338).jpg
    Encounter2 (600x338).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Encounter1 (600x338) (590x332).jpg
    Encounter1 (600x338) (590x332).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 2
New price - $90 + shipping.

$80 + shipping.

I'll buy the outfit. I'm in Lancaster so we could meet or you could ship if its easier for you. Just shoot me a PM about the payment.

if the sale to hopback doesnt work out, ill take it. york area.

Go ahead and sell it to Blake. He will probably get much more use out of it then I will.

If Blake backs out I will buy it!!

seems as if a new fly rod is in my future for my birthday... so either one of you guys can go for it...

Hopback I definitely think you should have first dibs since you passed it to Blake. But if you pass I’ll buy it

All of you guys are confusing me! Hopback you were first but then it appears you are handing it off to blakew510, and now Zac is in the mix. I want to be fair so Hopback you are okay with the rod going to either of the other two gentlemen?

WB- yes that fine. See if Zac still wants to purchase the rod from you first. I think blake dropped out.

WB and Hopback, I would still like to buy it

Zac,

PM sent.

The rod has been sold.

Damn it sold. I was going to say I will take it and then change my mind and say I don't really want it you can give it to Zac or HopBack.

Zac loves the rod and as a special gift because the UPS shipping cost $25.00 I sent him 50 nymphs, egg flies, and some dries and about a dozen woolly buggers and Clousers.

You're a good dude, Wbranch.

Back