New member...sort of

T

trew13

This is my first post although I have been a member since March. I have constantly been checking the site for new info, and there is a wealth of information. I have been fly fishing for about 13 years, just not regularly. I started doing it more when I began steelhead fishing about 8 years ago. It has grown into an obsession, and now I can't get enough. Every year I get into it more and more. I'm driving the wife crazy. I just wanted to say hi and look forward to being an active member on this site.

Welcome Trew. Now that you're addicted to steelhead (like some other board members) you can join us for our twelve step therapy for hopeless addicts.

Just don't show and say you can quit fly fishing anytime. :)

Glad to have yuh.

Steel was just the beginning. Now I am buying books, watching videos, and going to fly fishing shows. I am looking to expand to other parts of the state too. I have mostly fished slippery rock and neshannock, but I am looking to try out some of the better waters. This past year I went to the clarion multiple timers and did fairly well. I also traveled to the smokies and fished the park and at cherokee. This year I plan to venture further east in the state.

trew

Welcome, just jump right in!

PaulG

Welcome to the circus!

Welcome to the site trew13. Lots of great info here. Do you fish in NC often?

No not really. We've gone down for a week the past two years, and I try to get away and fish for a few of those days. I usually do quite well, but nothing much larger than 10 inches. I know there are bigger ones there, but I have a blast catching a lot in the 7 to 10 inch range. The best part about it is that I have had the streams to myself almost everytime I've gone. Plenty of fish eager for a dry, beautiful scenery, and few others around, I couldn't ask for much more.

Welcome. I have been to the Smokies a half dozen times. Went a couple years with other members here and another time just with my son. First fly fished there on a business trip when I was just learning FFing. Everyone should experience the Smokies trout fishing, whether they've been to Montana or to the Catskills or just fish around good ol' PA.

JackM wrote:
Everyone should experience the Smokies trout fishing, whether they've been to Montana or to the Catskills or just fish around good ol' PA.

Agreed. Lots of small, wild native brookie streams mixed in with very nice tail waters and the Cherokee streams are packed with fat stockies. I love all the high gradient pocket water.

Back