New Member From Da Burgh

D

DuckButt

Hey All,

Im from North Pittsburgh and have been fly fishing for about a year now. Finally decided to join the site. Seems like a good place with a lot of knowledgeable and sincere people. I've been fishing around the Laurel Highlands area for the past year now, hitting the Yough and Laurel Hill Creek. Have had some sucess and am looking to explore some new water this year....possibly brookie streams. My wife bought me a year long fly fishing membership for 7 Springs Mountain Resort for Christmas this year. I'm looking forward to learning from some of the guides and memebers there. I am also looking forward to gaining insight on fly fishing and fly tying from all of the members on this board!!!!!
Tight Lines!!
-DuckButt

Another new member here (see my post a few down)--I've also been at it about a year. If you ever want to get out let me know...

welcome fellow yinzer

Welcome to both of you. I haven't fished on 7 Springs property, but if you send me a PM I could help you with brookies.

Welcome ,both of you. Good people here. GG

Enjoy. With all these yinzers we need to think about a yough river jam.

beerbyrnes wrote:
Enjoy. With all these yinzers we need to think about a yough river jam.

I would be down for that.

I'm in for the Yough Yinzer Jam.

What time of year? I'd enjoy running my pontoon down.

id be down for a yough area yinzer mini jam too maybe we can meet out at meadow run the next time it snows 3 feet ... i havent fished the laurels in a few years bedises the yough of course

Little black stones?

The yough is usually quite high all spring.
Best time for a jam would be the summer - or fall - months

a yough yinzer jam is definitely a good idea. It would need to be late spring to work well in the yough but the benefit is that meadow run is right there. And yough presents a nice opportunity for people that have drift boats also. I'm only ten minutes from ohiopyle, it would be a great place to have one.

I'd vote for late June or July. I usually get more serious about the Yough when other SWPA waters are getting too warm.

I'm with Alby, late June through late July.

There is an occasional poster here that runs the 7 Springs operation or at least works for them. I cannot remember his username unfortunately.

Late june/early july would be a great time IMO too
As for the location, confluence would be the logical choice for easiest access to the river.
Although Jack's honey hole would likely get spot burned big time

Sounds like a great idea. At that time I'll be heading from Michigan to Oregon. Hope this works out, cya at the second annual yough river mini jam in 2013!

I believe that it costs 187.50 to float the section from ramcatt to Ohiopyle.

Bruno wrote
I believe that it costs 187.50 to float the section from ramcatt to Ohiopyle

Only if you bring beer and are the one left holding the bag...

Back