New Hope/Lambertville...

A

AndyP

Was thinking of heading up to the Delaware in the New Hope area to give it a try for shad this weekend . Has anyone been up in that area lately ?

I get e-mail reports from Lewis Fisheries in Lambertville and they were getting shad in the nets up until the heavy rain the last couple of days. The river is up right now, but I imagine it will be down to fishing levels by the weekend. I've seen reports on other boards of shad being caught in the Trenton area. Mainly from guys fishing spinning tackle and using shad darts from boats or shore.

Was out on Friday. The shad run is in full swing. Caught a dozen in a couple hours so the action was steady but not insane but it picked up over the weekend.

Everybody is catching them and this weekend will be no different as long as the gauge gets down below 3'. The gauge is 4.7 and rising right now and with rain forecasted for Thursday the level may stay around 4' which is fishable with spinning gear but no so much with the fly rod.

I was heading out tomorrow but nixed the trip. May go Friday but I'm waiting to see what happens.

poopdeck wrote:
Was out on Friday. The shad run is in full swing. Caught a dozen in a couple hours so the action was steady but not insane but it picked up over the weekend.

Everybody is catching them and this weekend will be no different as long as the gauge gets down below 3'. The gauge is 4.7 and rising right now and with rain forecasted for Thursday the level may stay around 4' which is fishable with spinning gear but no so much with the fly rod.

I was heading out tomorrow but nixed the trip. May go Friday but I'm waiting to see what happens.

Hey Andy,

Poop gave you a world of info above. Below is a link to check out that gives daily reports and conditions for shad fishing on the D River:

DRSFA Reports

Thanks for the info Poop ...I hoping it drops a bit and will likely be up Saturday’s afternoon. Anytime I head up there I always throw a spinning rod or two in my truck in case the fly rod is nor practical.

Back