New Hampshire and Western Maine

C

Clarmy

Traveling the first week of August for business in Manchester NH but plan on spending 3-5 days traveling around the area. Trying to set up an itinerary.
One day at Lake Winnipesaukee just boating or jet skiing
Day 2 Travel north to around Route 302 and head west to Maine stop and hike and fish (any suggestions) and stay overnight.
Day 3 repeat 2 or find an outfitter (suggestions) to take myself and the wife out. Lake or Stream.
Day 4 Go to Portland or travel back to Manchester to catch flight (could stretch to 5 days).

Any suggestions for good hotels, places to visit or stop would be welcome.

Try Kingfisher River Guides in Kingfield, ME. He may be booked. He is a Registered Maine Guide. I have used him every year for the past 4-5 years... Kingfield is not too far from Rangely, ME.

http://www.kingfisherriverguides.com

In Western Maine, check out the Kennebago River (very nice, TU section of stream) and the Megalloway (have not been, but plan on it).

So much to hike as well... Depends on how far into Western Maine you want to go. Also, how strenuous? My wife and kids have hiked most of the higher peaks around Rangely and Kingfield.

I have often said that the mountains, streams and lakes that are surrounded by Rangely, Stratton and Kingfield, ME is my favorite place on the planet.

Also, on Richardson Lake, Middle Dam, caught some nice Salmon at the outlet.

PM me if you want.

Back