New guy from the North Hills. Hi!

stal42

stal42

Hi all,

Been lurking around here for a few months now and have really been able to learn a lot. I've been fly fishing for a little over a year, and I'm totally addicted. Mostly been fishing the Erie and Ohio areas for Steelhead, but also fish closer to home (North Hills area) in Pine Creek and Neshannock. Made a trip to Oak Orchard this fall and had an absolute blast fishing for brownies, steel, and salmon.

What I've really taken to as well is fly tying. I'm still a bit rough around the edges, but I absolutely love sitting down at the vise and whipping up some new flies for the box.

I look forward to hopefully adding to the conversation around here and maybe even seeing some of you out on the water.

That's about it for now. Thanks!

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride. It may get bumpy at times but this is overall a great bunch of people.

Welcome stal.
I'm also a north hills-ite.

welcome fellow Yinzer !

Welcome! You'll fit right in here...

Welcome. The Oak is one of my favoritre in New York, GG

Welcome Stal42!!!!! Everyone here adds something useful to the
mix. Tight lines!!

welcome stal everyone here is great dont hesitate to ask questions or inquire about a fishin buddy plenty of us yinzers to go round

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Would definitely love to meet up with some of you guys sometime and learn a bit on the water. I've learned a lot so far in the past year, but there is so much more I'm sure. For instance, typically I've just been fishing sub-surface with nymphs and streamers. The whole world of dries is foreign to me still. That's something I really want to work on as it warms up!

A few of us will be getting together to BS about fishing at a restaurant in cranberry on feb 4. Would be a good time as any to meet and make future plans.
Check out the "3rd annual wild trout symposium" in the announcements section

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try to make it...I have a birthday party for one of my daughters' friends at 4 in Warrendale so I should be able to come out for a bit before I shoot over there...

Again, thanks!

Was looking at the 2012 stocking schedule and I see Big Sewickley creek listed. This is pretty darn close to home and work, so could be a convenient place to stop in for an hour here or there.

Anyone have an information about access points and an idea of how it fishes?

Thanks in advance.

Heath

Welcome man, My pledge brother/best friend is from North Hills. Probably be out that way next month.

If you are coming out here and want to fish, hit me up. I'm finding new spots all the time. Probably going to hit up Ohio either tomorrow or over the weekend for some Steelhead. :) Got the itch!

Where do you fish pine creek? I live in McCandless and am just starting out, so I'd love to find a place close to home.

Like mike,
They stock it all the way through.
There are special regs down below Duncan ave. If you turn onto Bryant rd off of Duncan, you will see well worn parking spots as you get to the bottom of the hill. The regs go downstream from the railroad tressel.

LikeMike...

I fish exactly where David mentioned...DHALO area off Bryant road. I live in McCandless as well, so shoot me a PM if you ever want to shoot over there for a little bit.

Cool -- I'll check it out. Thanks!

You also have Deer Creek with a DH regs on it right on 910. It aint great but it is close.

Bull Creek is another option that is not far.

Back