New guy from SEPA

FlyForFun

FlyForFun

Hey everyone, my fiance bought me a fly rod and some flys for christmas this year after how much i loved fly fishing during turkey season this past year. Can't wait to dive in and learn all there is to know and get on the water. Anyone around this area up for fishing with a Newbie for some winter trout this year?

Thanks Huntfish! You fish Chester County much? Im checking out all the creeks I pass on my way to my hunting spots out this winter and spring. Let me know if you would like to join me, would enjoy the company of a more experienced fly fisherman.

I'm at school at psu so i do a lot of my fishing up in centre county and at the cabin in potter county. not so much around chester county anymore. definitely guys that will chime in from around the area though.

Don't really fish your area. But welcome. Like huntfish said I am sure you will find someone local.

GenCon

Welcome to the Jungle!

I'm from NEPA myself, but we make the occasional foray down to your neck of the woods. Will PM if we are heading that way.

streams near you would be ridley creek, valley creek, French creek, and the pickering. I think ridley is stocked in the winter by a club. valley is a wild trout stream not the easiest stream to fish. not sure if French creek gets a winter stocking or the pickering. French creek and the pickering are like ten minutes from each other. both nice streams. I tend to do more fishing up in the Allentown area now. more streams with wild fish. its a little further but nicer water.

Thanks guys for the tips. Hope to meet a few of you out on the water!

I'll be glad to help, but I cannot until February.

Thanks Chaz, maybe i will meet up with you out on the water in February then!

Welcome aboard. GG

Welcome. I'm generally not out that way, but if you find yourself in the Cumberland Valley, feel free to get ahold of me.

I'm local. When I make it out I'd happily entertain a newbie. I'd also enjoy learning the local hunting scene (I've only been in the area a few years and have just gone upstate to hunt, but that's getting harder to do).

That said, my fishing time is really lean these days! A 3 year old and a newborn with no local family to help out. I'm likely hanging it up till spring.

Back