New Gatti rod - 10' #7

wbranch

wbranch

I bought this rod new in 2005. I wanted it for high stick nymphing when I was steelhead fishing. I put it together at the Cattaraugus and while walking to the stream I slipped on some clay and thrust the rod out in front of me and broke 6" from the tip. I was so annoyed and frustrated that I went back to the car and took it apart and put together a 9' #7 Gatti.

When I got home I put the rod in the closet and never touched it until September 2015. I decided what good was it to me with a shortened tip so I paid $50 to get another tip shipped from Italy to the dealer in Helena, MT and then shipped to me.

Here are the particulars; 10' #7 3 piece medium fast action. Would be a great rod to swing flies on the Erie creeks, high stick nymph with or without an indicator or use for smallmouth and bonefish on those calmer days on the flats.

It has never been cast. It has a Pacific Bay up lock aluminum reelseat, nice full wells grip, a 2" removable fighting butt, what appear to be Pac Bay strippers (2) and nice larger snake guides and tip top. This rod lists for 374 Euros or $410.00. It is virtually a new rod and I'm including the original tip which is 6" shorter. Price is $250.00 firm and I would deliver within 30 miles of York, PA or ship anywhere for cost of packaging and postage.

I can try to get sharper images if someone is really interested.

If you are unfamiliar with the Gatti rods (I have ten of them) here is a link to the web site so you can learn about them.

http://www.gatti-flyrods.it/serie-fr.html

Attachments

• Gatti 107 1.jpg
    Gatti 107 1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 6
  • c2f62a1d-cdde-4103-93f5-022e456ab192[1].jpg
    c2f62a1d-cdde-4103-93f5-022e456ab192[1].jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 5
Back