New from Harrisburg

Beweav

Beweav

Hello! I’ve been lurking around here for awhile. I feel new to fly fishing, started when I was 15 or so but I just started being more serious in the last year(I’m 28 now). I have lots to learn, and I’m thankful for a resource like this to learn from. I did a bunch of smallmouth fishing on the Conodoguinet this summer with limited success. I can’t seem to figure out anything that works wading through Susquehanna. Any tips would be fantastic.
I just started fishing the Yellow breeches around Spanglers Mill road. Are there many others on here that fish the breeches this far east?
Happy holiday weekend everyone!

Hello @Beweav and welcome to the site. A lot find and share here. I have not been to Conodoguinet, but on my list.

Hello @Beweav and welcome to the site. A lot find and share here. I have not been to Conodoguinet, but on my list.
Thanks! It’s pretty there for sure. And it’s wide so it’s really nice for me to practice casting. I’m guessing it’s not much of a destination for many people but it’s close and small mouth are hard to beat!

Welcome to this site! You'll find a lot of fine and experienced fishers, tyers, and just good people here to work with you. I'm a born and bred central NYer and have been tying for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps for going on 12 years now. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Kim

Back