New Fishing Vehicle

I work in a very wealthy area... you most likely dont want to hangout with people who can afford this stuff/trips, so consider it a blessing to be on the outside.

pcray1231 wrote:
But it has a refreshment kit filled with fine china. How could you not want that for your stream side lunch?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd never in a million years even consider paying anywhere near that much money on a car. Even if I had the money, there are lots of things I could buy with it that I value more than a car. Like, say, a bigger house! So, no, it's not worth it.

If you had the money to spend on a $330,000 SUV that's tricked out for a fly fishing enthusiast I suspect you would be able to afford just about anything else your heart desired including a combination chauffer/ghillie to drive you to and from your private beat on the River Tweed. People that make these types of purchases don't evaluate if they are worth it. Money is no object for the most part.

I'm still into the thought of a streamside lunch of pan fried gemmies served on the fine china.

McSneek wrote:

I'm still into the thought of a streamside lunch of pan fried gemmies served on the fine china.

Yea, that does sound good.

Chased with a nice whine.

If any of the board members on www.paflyfish.com want to know something about any kind of vehicle of current or recent vintage on the market, I think that I am qualified to help since I drive everything on the market at Manheim Auto Auction.

There's only one person on the forum that comes to mind. It's "Beckers" next vehicle.

PennypackFlyer wrote:
There's only one person on the forum that comes to mind. It's "Beckers" next vehicle.

Cats and high quality leather don't mix.

Powerbar, beef jerky and a snickers is prolly kick azz on fine china.

I'd pick mine up with a Zebco tumble bum, and a container of maggots.

For a 1/4 million dollars you'd think you'd get a better name than Bentayga.

They named it after the first terrorist to get ran over (terrorist's last word)

Ya swattie I know - but I could still see him pulling up to a tournament in one, complaining about the damn cat hairs.

I'd rather have a VW campervan. that's my dream fishing machine.

What about these alternatives?

Attachments

• fishin vehicles (1).jpg
    fishin vehicles (1).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3
  • fishin vehicles (2).jpg
    fishin vehicles (2).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
  • fishin vehicles (3).jpg
    fishin vehicles (3).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 2
A nice used supercharged Range Rover ***with a kick$ aftermarket warranty*** and you get 9/10ths of the experience at 1/10th of cost.

kray,

Pic #2, where was that taken at? They don't look like great sand vehicles. Lots of extra weight on narrow tires.

That said, when the sand looks that much like concrete, it doesn't much matter.

3rd pic makes me laugh.

Pic #1 has a refrigerator, snack display with tons of beef jerky. The jerky sold me. Pic #2 looks to be Aussie. Been waiting for Swattie to jump on #3.....with Jersey tags !!!!!!!! Obviously works for fishing AND picking up Jersey chicks. It would also smoke a Mini off the line.

Gear talk

krayfish2 wrote:
Been waiting for Swattie to jump on #3.....with Jersey tags !!!!!!!! Obviously works for fishing AND picking up Jersey chicks. It would also smoke a Mini off the line.

Eh...Jersey cougars maybe.

I'll stick with my 02 7.3 PSD with 211,000 miles on it. I get in my truck with wet waders and all. Heck i even have an 8' bed for all the chic's that dig the rumble of a diesel...lol!!!

I'm more in the market for a used Honda Accord. Or Nissan Altima, maybe?

With maybe 80,000 miles on it or so. Low priced because maybe it got a few dents or paint scrapes or something.

If you got one for sale, let me know.

Something with a good reputation for reliability, and not very expensive.

You don't need an SUV or truck to go trout fishing. I've fished a lot of mountain streams and never had a 4wd vehicle.

You can just drive a regular car on the forest roads. Most of those roads are pretty good. You just have to pay attention, look for big rocks, and high centers and maneuver to avoid tearing out your exhaust, oil pan etc. It's kind of a fun challenge.

Then when the road gets too bad, you park it, and WALK.

Looking for a reliable vehicle........you may want to cross the Altima off that list.

krayfish2 wrote:
Looking for a reliable vehicle........you may want to cross the Altima off that list.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Back