New 6wt question

F

Fishinmagician

I'm looking to get a new 6wt,I've been talking to a few people and asking for some info.I heard that Gloomis has a new one out that is sopposed to be an awesome rod but can't remember which model it is ,any suggestions.
tight lines

Loomis now makes a StreamDance Max line speed. I recently purchased a Loomis Streamdance HLS (High Line Speed) in a 4 wt. I really like he rod. The MLS is roughly equivelent to the Sage Z-Axis in action. The HLS is not quite as fast. Loomis also make a Streamdance rod in a Presentation action which is more moderate. Sage and Loomis are my two favorite rod makers

It depends what you want to do with the rod. A fast (and long) 6wt would be ideal for the Big D or other bigger rivers and SMs in smaller water. My winter project is to build a 9'6" 6wt rod.

Yeah what he said .

Thanks
Afish,the rod will be for big rivers/streams I'm thinking of heading out west in the next year or so and wanted some time to get adjusted to the rod.Sage and loomis are my two favorites also,i'll look into them.I don't want to spend a ton of money,so i'm trying to find the happy medium.
tight lines

The Orvis Zero Gravity has dropped in price since the Helios has been introduced. Still not a cheap rod but it really shoots line. Great rod. I have a fast action tip flex T3 which I love. It's a great nymphing rod and while I'm no expert on long casts my son says it is the most pleasant rod he's handled. He has 4 Sage's 2 Z-Axis and 2 ZXL's and also owns a 6wt G.Loomis I believe it's the GLX. He can shoot his line to the backing with that rod over 85'.

I won't mention brands but check out the guides on any rod your looking at and how strong they are. Also even with a warranty check out how much it costs you to ship the rod back for repair. $50? Pretty steep.

Back