Net Strap??

troutpoop

troutpoop

OK, I prefer to use a fanny pack but have no good way to hold my net. Driving me Nuts!!
Has anyone ever seen a shoulder strap, fitting diagonally across the body that would then have a magnetic catch or clip at the waist high level to hold the net? Does this even make sense or am I just thinking this would work. I no other ideas.

If it were me I'd just shove the handle of the net behind the waistbelt along my back (from the top down). this is how I carry my net - shove the handle down behind my wader waist belt. Sometimes I run the waist belt thru the elastic cord so I dont lose the net if I drop it.

It works troutpoop. I had mine like that for a long time. But eventually elastic bands go to crap. So look into maybe paracord or something.

I have a "Net Clip". It screws to a wood handle and you can clip it on a belt. Can't remember where I bought it but I'm sure a quick search would find it.

I've never tried to affix the smaller net I have to my waistpack, I just figured it would hang down and bang off my legs. I'll hook it up this afternoon when I get home from work and check.

Just to add to this thread, last year I found that using a carabiner to attach my net strap and my wading staff strap to my waders, no need to tie or untie, just unclip them.

Hang the net on the wall as a decoration in your mancave and get a good pair of forceps n clip 'em on your fanny pack.

I like the belt holder thingy. I may give it a try. Since I started wearing a fanny pack I disposed of the normal wader belt, the fanny pack serves that same purpose and I can slide the pack to the front or back.
Not sure how I'm supposed to land a fish with a pair of forceps though?

Cheap carabiner on the wader belt holding the cord, handle in the belt in back. Only problem is the net sometimes gets in the way when the spinning a fanny pack around to the front.

Not sure how practical, but my patagonia rain jacket has a plastic clip behind the neck for attaching nets to(i use the orvis magnet bungee cord thing). What about the fishing shirts that have the tag on the back? Would that work? I believe they used to be called "fag tags". I literally have no idea how they got that name, but maybe that will illustrate the tag im talking about. For this reason--and being about to carry water--I switched to a fish pond wasatch vest with a clip on the back. I am never without a net. Typically never without water too.

[color=3300FF]I'm thinking along the lines of a magnet that you attach to your car may work to keep a net on your back. This would keep it out of the fishing line for sure. Would somehow have to be fastened in. But this of course would only work with metal framed nets.

Belt knife sheath for a large knife may work. Cut off the bottom. This also depends on the thickness of the net handle. [/color]

would be easy to make a shoulder strap with a release.
that belt strap with the handle holder seems like a nice idea, but for someone older (me) it would be difficult to reach behind myself to pull it out..

I'm gonna do a little experimentation. I think a strap diagonally across the chest that would fall about 2" above the belt line with a clip would work. I just thought something like that already would have been made.

put a "D" ring near the top of shoulder for net magnet and a snap to connect to belt or your pack to keep in place.

I have a Wright & McGill retracting lanyard I pin below the back center of my collar. I slip a "scrunchy" -- one of those thick, elastic cords that women use to tie a ponytail -- over the handle my net, then pull the excess net material toward the handle and secure it under the scrunchy. Gives a nice, streamlined profile that makes it easy to slip the front edge of the net a little ways under the top of my waist pack. When I rotate the pack to the front, the net pops out, but the lanyard lets it hang right in the middle of my back; I tuck it in back place when I return my pack to the rear position. (Also, when I net a fish, its weight pulls the net material from under the scrunchy and the net opens to its full size.)

I find it pretty useful, even when busting brush.

Hope it helps someone.

Welcome aboard. All tips appreciated. GG

My vest has a net compartment. It's a little bit of a challenge to get the net in, but it is managable.

Back