Neoprene socks??

JustFish

JustFish

Does anyone have these? I was thinking of getting a pair to wear under my wading boots in the summer when it may be too hot for waders. Any info. would be appreciated!

I have a pair from Hodgman that I plan to use this afternoon/evening. They are fleece on the inside and neoprene-like on the outside. They work great and I think they were only like $15. I just checked the Hodgman site and I don't think they make them anymore. I did find some online here http://www.troutlet.com/Hodgman-Super-Socks-P377.aspx

Neoprene booties, I get mine from Cabelas.

beeber

I use them for wet wading all the time . They work great.

Ditto everyone else..........I put on a nice pair of fleece socks, neoprene bootie and my regular wading shoes and off I go....

currently using Orvis--- only because I was at Yellow Breeches and needed a pair (as if we really NEED anything) they are an orvis outfitter, so be it

nice and comfy

I have been wearing a pair of Jim Teeny wading shoes in the summer.......kind of slip on, zipper, and pull a velcro strap tight.....not the best shoes, but they are easy on and easy off

I save my simms guide boots with sticky rubber and studs for the winter months

ps...The orvis ones that I have have the bootie and then another set of neoprene to put over your boots and attach to a lace......If I am fishing big water or a creek with lots of nice sized rocks....I reverse the outer neoprene to cover my shins......saved me more than a few times from having goozer marks on my shins.......

Just was talking about these today with my buddy as we hiked a local stream. Sure was hot with waders!! I have an old pair of Hodgman that are just neoprene and was thinking of upgrading. Thanks for the link albtross.

JH

Just in time with this weather. Ditto on the socks- great to walk in.

Thanks for the link albatross. Thought these would be a great idea for the hot and humid summer months.

I own ones from cabelas and simms I mainly use the ones from cabelas because the ones from simms make my feet way to warm for comfort

I just got a pair of seal skinz a few weeks ago and they work nice. They're immersible about 3/4 of the way up your calf. Depending on the size of your calves theyre supposed to be fully immersible while staying dry. The only way I've found them to be fully immersible and still dry is if you're wading across the stream and only go above the line for a few seconds otherwise water slowly trickles down your legs. But like I said earlier every review I've read their effectiveness completely depends on the size of your calves. For me they're perfect for about every brookie stream I fish.

Ditto on the SealSkinz. They'll turn your old gym shoes in to cool water wading boots. They're okay to hike in while they're still dry. I also recommend the gloves they make.

Again, ditto to all the above. I get mine at Cabelas also. I'd like to find better quality. The ones from Cabelas come apart at the seams, at least that is what I've had happen. But they are cheap$ and they do keep the sand and gravel outta my wading boots. Tis the season to be wet wading! The water feels so good on a hot day. Been catching lotsa smallies on the creeks here in northern Lancaster County. And a few Largemouths.... It's all good.

Back