Need some help on hares ear nymph tails

• Thread starter mike_richardson
  • Start date
I would go with and empty 9mm or .45acp.

Or just get the smallest sized dr slick stacker.

Maybe try cutting a bit of fur, clear the underfur, then tie in slightly longer with two loose wraps. Before binding it down, pull out the longest tips. I can't fathom trying to stack hare's ear fur.

SteveG wrote:
Maybe try cutting a bit of fur, clear the underfur, then tie in slightly longer with two loose wraps. Before binding it down, pull out the longest tips. I can't fathom trying to stack hare's ear fur.

Its really not that bad (stacking), just toss it in give it a few taps and pull it out. You're not looking for the perfect stack like deer hair, just getting them a little more organized and manageable, at least I feel like it makes it more manageable.

As another gentleman stated; do you use a hair stacker? I always use a hair stacker when I tie any nymph with a fur, hair, or hackle fiber tail. They look so neat and uniform and it only adds a few seconds to the tie.

Attachments

• P1010137.JPG
    P1010137.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 3
That's what I am looking for. Wbranch can you reference me the stacker you use? I can pick one up on my next order.

quote-there-s-never-enough-time-to-do-it-right-but-there-s-always-enough-time-to-do-it-over-john-w-bergman-67-33-71.jpg

Mike,

PM sent.

Thanks guys. PMs returned

Wood duck feathers make a good tail on a HE. I also make the wingcase something black.

Back